Chapter 12 - Minnie

Everyday of my life is a gift.

That's what my mother tells me.

That I should do be glad to be alive.

Even if some part of me died.

"Look at the bright side, within a couple months you've made great friends and your grades are perfect!" His mother cheers at the dinner table, "You've really made yourself comfortable, right?"

I just roll my eyes and nod, I know she's looking out for me but I don't need cheering up.

I really don't.

My parents care about me so much, even after I left them to live in a grand mansion while they lived modestly. I could've gave them everything they wanted.

But now I'm just a burden to them.

Why has everything gone wrong?

*Ding dong*

"Oh- are we expecting anyone darling?" My mother questions my dad as he confusingly shakes his head.

I'll get it

I quickly rush out of my seat to the door and peep through the hole to see a handsome blonde boy patiently waiting outside.

I hesitantly open the door and am greeted with a bright smile.

"Hey Seungmin, How everything?"

Hyunjin? Why are you here?

"Oh you were going to help me with math remember? We talked about this in school? I kinda really need it-" Hyunjin quickly speaks before being interrupted by a shout from the other room.

"Minnie who is it?!" My dads voice projects from the dining table the front door.

"Oh are you parents here, is this a bad time? I can-" I drag Hyunjins by the arm over to the dinner table and he just silently follows, obviously confused.

It's my friend I sign to my parents as Hyunjin stumbles into the room behind me.

Rightfully so, my parents have shocked look on their faces for a split second, before my father shines a warm smile. "Hello young man."

I nudge Hyunjins shoulder a bit and he gets the idea, "Oh yes hello I'm Hyunjin, Seungmins friend from school." He does a full 90 degree bow politely.

My mother lets out a small squeal while greeting the boy, "You are that one handsome boy from our cafe!"

Hyunjin shyly chuckles as my face slightly heats up, of course she has to say something like that.

My mother instinctively gets up and walks over to Hyunjin to look him up and down as if he is on display. Hyunjn makes small talk and my parents immediately fall under his friendly spell.

"Our Minnie sure is lucky huh babe?" She smiles after a few moments as my father agrees from behind her.

"Well I'm really lucky to have Seungmin!" Hyunjin replies which obviously warms the hearts of my parents enough for him to join us for dinner.

⇷ ⏾ ⇸

Hyunjins charm really shines through and he easily converses with my parents, I can tell they love him which lifts some stress off my shoulders.

However this is a bit overwhelming, I practically sat silent the entire time, not because I can't speak but because my parents were too busy fanboying over my friend.

It might have to do with trauma related to my accident, and my doctors say I should even consider a therapist, but I frequently feel panicked. Small things bring back those moments and I find my breath being unable to grasp. Even things like feeling left out can make me feel overwhelmed by the fact that I can't contribute the way I used to.