Chapter 16 - Found

There he sits.

Right across from me.

Yeonjun.

Lots of whispers rang out when he first sat at our sacred lunch table, however most people understood his place in our group. He was handsome and musically talented.

They didn't doubt him as much as they doubted me.

But there he sits, right in my line of sight, where he can clearly see my face.

There is no way he doesn't recognize me.

So why are we playing this game.

Hes laughing loudly next to Felix and Changbin at the lunch table. As if we never knew eachother.

I glance over at Hyunjin, he's drawing something on the napkins im from the cafeteria napkins.

To be honest, I am worried about him.

I know he's not the most verbal about his emotions and I don't want him to silently suffer.

I can't help but feel pity for the boy, he's so perfect yet some people still treat him like that.

The people closest to him too.

I don't know what Jisung sees in Minho but he pisses me the hell off. It's obvious that he's hurting Hyunjin and that's hurting me.

He's drifting away from Hyunjin and we both know it. It's hard to let go of your friends when they move on, but they were like brothers. And yet he forgot a simple thing like a favorite color.

I silently rub his back as he keeps drawing, comforting him without words. I find myself watching his motions, how delicately he moves the pen, how focused he is. A smile rests on my face as he draws the petals on the flower.

Yeonjun and Felix leave to go to the library after a couple of moments. My hand rests around Hyunjins waist while Jeongin tells me a story and me and Chan listen closely. I would have been happy right now, it's wonderful weather, surrounded by my friends, and just a great day so far. However Hyunjin is not okay, and so neither am I.

I mean it when I tell you we are connected.

Suddenly my phone buzzes, I take it out of my pocket with my available hand and open the message.

Unknown.

>I finally found you Seungmin....

⋘⇹※⁘⁙★⁙⁘※⇹⋙

It hurts.

I guess this is what it feels like.

To have someone drift away.

I just never thought it would happen to me.

To everyone in the school, I'm popular.

I have lots of friends, lots of willing to be girlfriends, I'm handsome, and my okayish grades too.

I'm perfect right?

Doesnt really feel like it.

My seungmin senses tingle when I look over at the boy, who is frozen looking at his phone. I put my pen down.

I know Seungmin has trauma and I know his past is something he rarely mentions.

He flinches and panics easily and sometimes it feels like he's always on alert.

It's obvious through the way he hid that poster or when he gets scared over someone recognizing him.

He's hiding something, and it might not be something he's ready to share.