Chapter 9 - Kim Family Cafe

"Seungmin!! Wait up!"

I hear my name being called as I walk out of the school.

I ignore it.

"Seungminnnnn I know you hear me!!" He runs up to my side resting his hand on my shoulder.

I can feel my face burn a bit at the sudden action and I look up at him.

What do you want?

"Are you feeling better now?" He softly rubs my back and looks into my eyes genuinely concerned.

Im fine I want to go home.

I push his hand off my body and speed up my walking, hoping I can get out of this situation.

Hyunjin doesn't run up to me this time, he stops and sighs, "Why weren't you at lunch today? I missed you."

My heart definitely skips more than one beat

He's lying

I bet he says that to everyone...

I ignore him and continue walking.

I feel so petty, why am I even mad at him?

The rest of the walk home, his concerned eyes are the only thing on my mind.

Why is my heart beating so fast again ugh

When I arrive at my house, I am greeted with my mother and her creepy smile. I take of my shoes and my bag and turn my attention toward her.

Mom? What's up?

"You have one hour..." Her creepy smile grows and her eyes stare into my soul.

Until what...

"Until we finally go down the cafe!!!!" She returns to her sweet voice and claps excitedly.

How did this lady birth me?

I roll my eyes and go into my room. I lay in my bed staring at the new ceiling for a while. I think about Jisung and how my parents said I could invite any friend to the cafe. I pick up my phone to his contact.

Squirrel boy

Jisung<
You wanna come <
Over to my parents cafe

>Dude your parents own a cafe???
>I'm coming rn give me the address

I put on one of my old tour hoodies, my go-to sweats pants, and some easy crocs as I wasn't expecting to be out long. I walk out the door in a record time of 5 minutes to see Jisung already waiting patiently, looking more badass than normal. He's wearing a black tee shirt and ripped jeans, along with many pieces of jewelry.

Did he teleport?????!!!

I stomp my foot to get his attention, he looks up and I meet his light brown eyes.

What's with the style change?

"Shut up Seungmin!! I'm just feeling badass!" He semi shouts while adjusting the chains around his neck. I have to admit, he has the great talent of looking pretty and hot at the same time.

Whatever let's go

I start walking as Jisung trails behind me, sulking from my words.