Chapter 4 - I can't be normal

I slowly glance around the small apartment that is my new home, taking it all in.

I take off my shoes and the hat and sunglasses I wore on the flight. I struggle to get the luggage through the door, you know I'm not exactly the athletic type after the accident.

Once I finally get everything through the door, I have to tackle the challenge of unpacking everything.

Ugh why did I bring so much???

⇷ ⏾ ⇸

After about an hour, I was finally unpacked, and feeling pretty satisfied if I do say so myself.

The apartment was small but homey, I was finally thinking that Korea might not be as bad as I once thought. No one seemed to recognize me and it's a fresh start, exactly what we wanted.

My new school begins tomorrow, my parents tried to enroll me into a public school hoping it would lead me to into a "normal" teen life

But I know I'll never be "normal"

I can't be anymore.

As I walk around the apartment I find myself in front of the mirror of my new bathroom, and I stare for I don't know how long..

And when I try to scream

I can't.

Barely any sound escapes my mouth, the only thing I can get is a pain in my neck around the bandage that still remains.

I can never  be the normal my parents hope for me now.

But I have to try, and I still have hope.

My new life won't end in tragedy.

I will be happy again...

⋘⇹※⁘⁙★⁙⁘※⇹⋙

I walk into school wearing the most Hwang Hyunjin outfit I could find.

As I walk down the halls toward the counseling office, all eyes are on me.

I mean I know I'm handsome...

But boys and girls alike are literally fainting at the sight of me today. Can't blame them!

Even when I stop at my locker to put away my bag, Felix stops me and stares for a good second before speaking up.

"God damn Hyunjin this a school not a runway." He snorts, "Anyone you trying to impress?" Felix adds with an eyebrow lifted

"Your gross" I reply, closing my locker "I just felt like looking good today, got a problem freckles??" I start returning on my way to the office.

Felix hits my shoulder, annoyed, and walks along with me.

"Where are we even going?"

"To the counseling office, we got a new student, I have to escort him through the school."

"Escort?" Felix snorts, "Is he the son of a king??"

"Shut up and be quiet," I reply as we arrive at the office

"Dude you don't have to say be quiet after you said sh-" Felix gets cut off as we enter the office and are greeted with the counselor and a tall boy with puppy like features standing next to her.

"Hyunjin! I was waiting for you!" She smiles, "This is Kim Seungmin, he will be joining our school as of today!"

I bow as I walk up to them, "Hello Seungmin, I'm Hwang Hyunjin, it's a pleasure to meet you." I say politely.

I can hear Felix behind me snort after I spoke so formal.

I take in all of his features and I have to admit he is quite handsome, its like he could be a celebrity. He had brown hair with some blond parts in his bangs and he had a bandage on the left side of his neck. I can't help but notice he has a glass blank expression on his face, it's almost like he trying to hold back any emotions.

There's an awkward silence between us, like i was waiting for a response.

Hyunjin you dumbass he can't speak

I clear my throat, "Oh right, let me show you around the school!" I smile while trying to take his hand and pull him along.

He roughly pushes my hand away and I look back at him feeling a little embarrassed.

"Oh uhm sorry lets just go." I pipe out before hurrying ahead of him.

⋘⇹※⁘⁙★⁙⁘※⇹⋙

The school wasn't as big as I thought it would be and it was pretty easy to find my way to the office. I waited there for about 5 minutes for a student to tour me around.

The counselor was really nice, she has this warm trustful aura to her. She even knew a bit of sign language, which made me feel a bit less nervous.

While we were talking, the door creaked open and I looked over to see one of the most handsomest man I've ever laid eyes on.

I mean as a ex-celebrity, I've seen and met lots of handsome people, so that's saying a lot.

He had shoulder length brunette hair, a beautiful facial structure, and of course a great outfit choice. I was trying my best not to turn red and I bet I looked pretty stupid right now.

Behind him was a shorter blonde boy with freckles, he was also very good looking. He gave off very friendly sunshine vibes, maybe I could befriend him in the future.

The handsome boy introduces himself to me as Hwang Hyunjin and he is my tour guide and the student who will accompany me through out the year.

He tries to take my hand to bring me along with him. I was a bit startled as I was pulled out of my thought, and out of instinct, I slapped his hand away.

I could tell he looked a bit embarrassed and he apologized before he sped up and walked out of the room for me to follow him. I felt quite guilty as I walked after him.

Calm yourself down Seungmin, you have to act polite if you want to make friends.

This is your chance at a fresh start.

A/n
So in the future there are gonna be some part where the characters are talking in sign so those parts are going to be in bold, just so you know.
This was kinda of a boring chapter but see you soon!