Chapter 21 - 4 simple words

He walks me home, our hands interlocked.

My cheeks laced with dried tears and my heart feeling like it might just jump out of my chest.

He ran to find me, he comforted me, and now is taking me home?

We talked a lot in the darkness of the park. More like he assured me hundreds of times that he doesn't care about my condition and he cares about me. My heart beats faster thinking about it.

But I somehow still don't believe him.

Minhos words hurt me deeply, and we both deserve an apology, I don't want myself to be the reason Hyunjin and Minho stop their friendship.

I'm just overwhelmed.

I move closer to him as we continue walking through the night. It's been quite a ride of emotions and I don't know what to feel anymore. All I want is his comfort.

"Minnie.." He interrupts the silence with a soothing whisper.

I tap the inside of his palm, as if to signal him to continue.

"Are you feeling better?"

I nod my head, hoping he can see my silhouette in the darkness, while also hoping he can't see the redness in my cheeks.

I never felt this feeling before. As an ex-celebrity, I was bound to get many compliments, and some did make me blush.

But he makes me feel different.

Everything he does makes me stomach full with butterflies, the way he cares for me, protects me, makes me feel safe.

Every waking moment I want to jump into his arms, have him tell me how hard I'm trying and whisper small nothings into my ears. I want him to hold me through the tough times, love me even when no one else does. I want him to never leave my side.

But that's impossible right?

Hyunjin has great talents, his dancing and his art. He's going to do great things in the future. Is he really going to spend his whole life taking care of me? I don't know what I did to deserve my life being flipped upside down, but I know Hyunjin can still live a normal life.

I'm going to hold him back.

Like a burden.

Just leave him

Leave him

Leave him before it hurts more

He doesn't know the real you.

"Minnie..?" He pulls my hand back as we reach a street light and he gets a view of my face. His smile immediately drops to worry as he cups my face.

Our eyes meet as he wipes away tears I didn't even know were falling. "Minnie what's wrong?" His voice soft, like he dropped everything to care for me.

I need that to stop.

Why is he making this so hard?

It takes every part of my body to not fall into his touch. I push him away, turning my head to start walking again. Holding in all emotion.

He runs up behind me and grabs my wrist, "Minnie I'm here why are you-"

I push him away once again, looking into his eyes with anger. Go away

His eyes with panic and surprise, "What do you... Seungmin-ah I'm just trying to help."

Don't you have anyone else to talk to, someone who can actually talk to you.