♡13♡

sorry i kind of have writers block! but i really wanna get to the manga already so i'm pushing through !

rin's been avoiding me. i know this because ever since he (kind of) outed me i've basically never seen him unless it's time for sleep. and i'm not gonna let him free with my secret like that. so now i'm searching for him in the training grounds, because that's where he usually goes.

as i walked i finally reached the room he was in. i stepped in with determination, "rin-san! let me play with you!"

he turned to look at me with a stoic look on his face, "huh? and why should i? you lukewarm bug," i frowned at the nickname but shook my head, "you can't avoid me forever, you know!"

"just get the fuck away from me... why are you always following me?" he said with a glare. "we're teammates! idiot! you can't avoid me forever! and i wanna create a chemical reaction with you or what do you want to lose the match against isagi?!"

"who says i'm gonna lose?"

"you better not underestimate isagi!" i stated with a harsh glare.

"you're so fucking annoying. i'm leaving." he said as he began leaving the place. i stopped him though by blocking the door. he glared harder, "you didn't learn from last time? i can just push past you easily."

"itoshi rin! tell me what is up with you?! i'm seriously worried!" i spat out, not faltering.

"why the fuck would you even be worried.." he mumbled, looking away. my eyes widened as i looked at him, his face was covered by his hair but i could see his pink ears.

"because i want us to at least be on good terms if you don't want to be my friend.. but of course, most of all, i wanna be your friend." i said.

"you-... i don't need you. shit like you are just a distraction to my ambition." he stuttered, still not looking at me but i was determined. "friends aren't a distraction! being lonely is the worst, rin!"

a couple seconds of silence passed as i stared at his frozen figure. he seemed to be thinking over my words, and with every second that passed i was only growing more frustrated and embarrassed.

he finally turned to look at me, he glared at me but a heavy blush coated his cheeks, "shut up! whenever you're kind to me, i feel like i'm just getting softer. it's the grossest damn feeling ever!"

but after seeing his expression i couldn't take him seriously anymore. i began giggling, "your such a tsundere!"

his blush turned darker as he mumbled, "why can't you just let me be... i've been plenty rude to you so why don't you hate me yet..."

i didn't hear everything that he said, but enough to understand it. i softly smiled, "i know it's stupid. but being lonely is the worst. i know this because i have been up until i came to this place. you don't need to isolate yourself from everyone, at least let me in. i promse you won't regret it."

"but i promise! friendships are not a distraction!"

rin grew quiet at my words. usually when he would be rude to people they'd stop being interested in pursuing him. but i was just too determined to give up.

"you're so stupid. it was never about friends..." rin groaned. "i can't believe i'm crushing on a fucking moron..." he said under his breath.

"huh? what did you say?" i asked, tilting my head. he glared at me, "nothing, dumbass. just don't drag me down."

my eyes lit up, "so we're friends now?!"

"whatever...just don't call me that embarrassing shit in front of others." he said and turned around back to the court. i cheered in my head, following after him and picking a ball up with me.

we practiced together for a while until bachira showed up, "so this is where you've been, b/n-chan?" he said. "cheating on me with rin-chan?!"

i blinked, "c-cheating?"

"yeah! that's exactly what you're doing! i can't believe you're so disloyal." he grumbled, walking into the field. "let me join you guys."

rin didn't even spare bachira a glance, "i don't care..." he said quietly.

bachira turned to look at me, "what's up with him? usually he'd go something like "i don't play with lukewarm insects!" or something!"

rin turned to him with a glare, "i'm not like that! shut the fuck up!"

bachira only laughed in response, "sure you aren't."

i sweatdropped at their interaction, "well i think it would be fun with one more person. please, rin-kun?"

rin looked at me for a moment before glancing away, "fine... but don't get in my way."

bachira cheered, happily joining us in our training.

pov change

y/n sat down, taking a break from her practice as she watched bachira and rin play. they seemed to be conversing, something about bachira's monster. rin said something that made bachira freeze in shock. rin walked off, and bachira stood there for a couple of seconds in silence, before shaking his head and turning to me.

"oi, b/n-chan! we're done for today let's go!" bachira called out as i nodded, catching up to the boys. on our way out we saw isagi waiting for us.

"yo b/n, bachira. i've been looking for you." isagi said.

"isagi..!" me and bachira said.

"as i promised... i'm here to get you back.

let's do this, rin."

we finally obtained rin > :)

SOME characters % crush and thoughts on y/n so far:

bachira 59% he's still oblivious to his crush to you (somehow). right now he thinks he's just found another friend just like isagi except he doesn't understand why he values your attention a lot more.

rin 57% this man is crushing. he's aware of it but it's not that big, yet. he thinks you're annoying for putting thoughts in his head that aren't about football.

isagi 39% he's developing a crush and getting a little possessive, he doesn't know why he hates seeing you in teams that don't include him.

aryu 16% he thinks you're pretty and interesting. not exactly a crush yet.

chigiri 18% he thinks you're pretty but you haven't interacted enough.

nagi 35% still not aware of his feelings to you but he gets jealous easily when your attention isn't on him. (when will you pet his hair again?"

reo 47% it's not a big crush but he's definetly aware of it. specially after kunigami called him out.

kunigami 45% he's aware of his crush on you and is ready to mingle (jk) he's determined to steal you away from the other boys without shame.