♡3♡

edited/written oct 04 2023*

(fully) rewritten may 11 2024

we've been training for a couple of days now. i had done most of my activities with bachira since he insisted on tagging along with me. he seems to have taken a liking to isagi for whatever reason, as he dragged him along with us as well. i was actually pretty surprised at how kind the boys were... kunigami in particular. he had helped me in the gym with lifting weights. it's not something i've ever done before, and it's apparently very noticeable, so i was very thankful for his assistance.

i had woken up today earlier than everyone else, which is something i've been making sure i do everyday in order to have a moment for myself in the bathroom and make sure that nothing was wrong with my disguise.

as i readjusted my wig in the bathroom, and made sure that i didn't break a rib due to my binder, i suddenly heard someone speaking through the speakers outside of the bathrooms, "the results of the fitness tests have been assessed. please return to your rooms and confirm your rankings." i quickkly rushed out of the toilet and saw bachira and isagi on their way back to the dorm as well. bachira's face immediately lit up when he saw me, "hey b/n! what're you doing over here? let's walk back together!"

i nodded, and walked up to them before i noticed a slight change on isagi's uniform. his number was different... he went up, actually. "your number changed," i mumbled, making him nod and point at my uniform. "yours has as well!"

...

when we arrived to the dorm, we quickly noticed that everyone was looking at their number change on their uniforms. the majority here went up, meaning that a couple people outside of our team were locked off and kicked out of blue lock. i didn't know if that thought made it relieving or terrifying... leaving means never playing for japan, ever...

i listened to the two boys go on about their numbers quietly. everyone seems to be determined at this change.

suddenly, the TV in the room lit up, and there was ego staring down at us through his glasses.

"hey diamonds in the rough. how are you enjoying your life in blue lock?" ego asked, and we couldn't even give him an answer before he began explaining the first selection and how it'd play out. i wondered why he even asked us if he wasn't gonna care enough to listen... well, back to the first selection, we're basically gonna go up against different teams and we have to win a lot or else we're finished.

something that surprised me was that isagi was chosen as our forward. was this due to the fact that he was the highest in our team? is he really the highest, anyway?

"agh! i'm more deserving of that role!" someone complained. i watched from the sidelines as they all interacted. i didn't really see a point in conversing with them, since it'd just be a liability and a weakness.

i didn't mind what role i played as long as i wasn't goalkeeper honestly...

"how're you feeling about this?" i heard a deep voice ask from behind me. upon turning around, i realized that it was kunigami innitiating a conversation with me. i rubbed the back of my head, "uhm... i don't mind, to be honest. i'm comfy with my abilities as long as i'm not goalie." i responded quietly.

bachira suddenly popped up behind me and put his hands on my shoulder, using me to jump up high. i almost fell in surprise and from his weight, but i was thankfully able to hold my ground. "you're pretty confident, huh?" he asked, before jumping in front of me. his face neared mine as he spoke his next words, "i can't wait to see how you play..!" his warm breath hit my face, and i quickly jumped back at our proximity. kunigami pulled bachira backwards by the hook of his shirt, as if he were a cat.