Chapter 1 - intro

*beep* *beep* *beep*

With his eyes still closed, a sleepy seungmin reaches out to turn off his alarm. Missing it multiple times, much to his luck.

The beeping doesn't stop even when he lets out an annoyed grunt and covers his ears trying to block out the horrendous sound.

Waking up was certainly not one of his many talents.

The ringing continues until he finally throws a pillow at it to shut it up. As soon as it does, a feeling of satisfaction flows through him as he rubs his eyes and gets up to start his day.

If he had known that was his last normal morning...

He started off by showering and doing his skin care and makeup, he never wanted anyone to see him with his bare face. First step to looking pretty is putting in the effort. Seungmin new best.

He was one of americas biggest celebrities after all and he had an image to maintain. So the hour long skin care was 100% necessary.

He walks over to his closet, eyes still half closed, and picks out the new suit he was gifted by his parents. The one they had given to him when they flew in from Korea for the ceremony last night.

You see, seungmin wasn't just a big celebrity, he was practically everything to the media. His handsome cute face and beautiful voice won the hearts of millions, not only that but many Asians thought of him as someone to look up to amidst the troubles of Asian hate in the US.

He was a star.

The very night before, he had won an award for popular rising singer of 2023. And if you didn't know, he's kind of a big deal. He was becoming extremely successful at the young age of 17 and many companies had tried to sign him off that night.

With a big achievement comes big celebrations. And while celebrating... he may or may not have secretly had too much to drink in the after parties. Resulting in the fact his head was now pounding with hangover pain.

And so he finally got dressed, fixing his hair, and went down the stairs to find a pain killer.

Seungmin walked down the spiral stairs slowly, he wasn't trying to fall with this horrible headache. An injury like that would certainly interupt his schedule. But it was hard to not do so since he lived in the grandest of grand mansions that he basically spent all new money he was earning on. Though the spiraling staircase was probably something he wish he didn't add as of this moment.

In this grand super mansion, he lived completely alone. Not a single maid or family member in the entire home. Just Seungmin. That's the way he liked it.

He told his parents he wanted to be more indpendent and so they let him move out, however they didn't think he would stay in such a huge house by himself.

His parents moved back to Korea after seungmin had moved out because of his fathers dream to open a small buisness in Seoul. Now Seungmin relied on himself.

Seungmin might have seemed alone in the big space, but he loved having the freedom and independance and had lived there since he was a freshman. He had first lived with maids people who took care of him until he was of age, then he immediately kicked them all out. In the nicest way possible of course.

Anyways, on this particular day, his house felt a bit off. Like maybe the vase in the corner of the living room seemed to have moved or maybe the curtains were more open then he remembered them being.

He shrugged it off, trying to find the painkiller as fast as possible since his headache didn't seem to be getting any better.

He always kept his medications in the left most drawer in his kitchen, but for some reason there was no pain relief medication in there. Now this would be kind of weird to the average home owner, but seungmin was too out of it to care and just quickly looked through all the drawers hoping one of them would have something to sooth his headache.