26~ Wedding Plans

"I wanna go play" Sky whined to me and Carter. Everyone was supposed to be coming back this weekend and it's going to be just how it was last year.  I don't know how I'm going to be in the same vicinity as Will without almost bursting into tears, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

"I'll go with her, you play with Bandit," Carter said and took her to the playground.

There was hardly anyone here due to the cold and little snow we had. It was warmer than it has been.

I stayed in the open field and played with the frisbee. It reminded me of when Will and I used to play with Bandit out here together. I could almost feel his arms around me and his chin resting on my head.

I was quite literally knocked out of my trance. I turned around with anger taking over my body. "What the hell...o" I said as I saw a little child behind me. I looked around and I didn't see a parent or adult.

He looked to be around six years old.

"Sorry" he said shyly.

"Hey buddy. Where's your mommy?" I bent down to his level. Bandit came and sat right next to me. He waited for me to throw the frisbee again.

He shrugged. "I tink she's at work."

"Dad?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Older brother? Sister?"

He shook his head again.

"Grandma or grandpa?"

He shook his head again.

"Aunt or uncle?" I asked grasping as straws.

He nodded. "Uncle Bry left with his friend. I don't know where" the little boy shrugged. "He said he would be back soon."

I looked around again. "Where does your mom work?"

"Riley's" he said happily. It made his face light up as he said it. Now that I know this, he does look sort of familiar.

"Guess what, buddy? I work at Riley's too. I'm gonna call up there and find her. Does that sound, okay?" I asked him.

He nodded.

"Do you want to go play with my little sister while I call?" He nodded. "Before you go play, what's your name buddy?"

"Beckham" he said.

I stood up and took his hand. I walked him over to Carter and Sky. Bandit followed behind us happily.

"Sky, this is Beckham. He's my friend. Do you want to play for a little while?" I asked her sweetly.

She nodded and they went to go play. Carter stood beside me with a puzzled expression on his face.

"Who's that?" He asked me.

"Beckham. He ran into me and said no one was here for him because his uncle left him for his friend. He said that his mom works at Riley's. I'm gonna call and find out who it is."

Carter nodded and went to watch the kids play.

I pulled out my phone and called Riley's. It rung for a few seconds.

"Hello this is Chantell with Riley's Kitchen. How may I help you today?" Chantell said over the phone.

"Hey Chan it's Cora. Who's all working with you today?"

She paused for a moment, most likely to look around. "Um just me, Simon, and Sean. Why?" She asked.

"This little boy at the park ran into me. He said that his mom was working and his uncle left with his friend. He told me his mom worked at Riley's." I explained the story for a second time.