16~ The World's Worst Birthday

It's been three weeks since homecoming and Carter broke his leg. He's gotten his cast and getting pretty good a getting around on his crutches.

Will and I talked and I apologized for overreacting about Ellie and everything.

The first two weeks of October have past and it's already getting really cold outside. I've fully broken out all my sweaters and cardigans. The leaves have begun to fall and it looks beautiful outside.

Connor officially moved out and into an apartment with Lena. Harper and Sky have moved in.

"So Carter, you're birthday is tomorrow, what do you want to do?" Dad asked at breakfast Friday morning.

"Not like I can do much" he said and gestured to his leg. "But it would be great if we could invite over the guys and Remi and just watch Will's game."

Dad laughed. "Alright. We'll invite over the guys and I'll make some burgers. I know it's not quite the nineteenth birthday you imagined, but it'll be great, okay?"

"Yeah Dad I know" he answered shortly and got up.

I tried to help him but he refused any help. And they call me the stubborn one.

Remi walked in and kissed Carter as he was heading to the stairs. She was the only one ever allowed to help him or else he got mad. He even got mad at her sometimes, but she never let it bother her.

"I'm gonna call Will" I said and got up from the table.

Usually the boys would come over and eat breakfast with us but ever since the accident, they haven't came on game days.

"Hey snowflake, what's up?" He said.

"Just wanted to call." I said.

"How's Carter?" He asked.

I sighed and punched my brow. "Physically he's fine and recovering great. Emotionally, he a pain in the ass. He's adamant on doing everything by himself, he's as stubborn as ever, he's just mad."

"Snowflake, you have to remember he's absolutely destroyed because he can't played. He hasn't been injured like this before and it's his senior year."

"I know he just worries me sometimes. He only has four to six weeks left in his cast then on to physical therapy. His next doctor appointment is next week."

"Okay well I have to go, I love you." He said.

"Yeah I have to go too. Love you, Will. Bye"

"Bye snowflake" he said and ended the call.

I went back into the finish room and grabbed my plate. I cleaned it and put it in the dishwasher.

I grabbed my backpack from my room along with my phone. I hopped back downstairs. I got in the back of Remi's car. Remi drove as Carter pouted out the window.

"What are we doing for your birthday tomorrow, babe?" Remi asked him. He turned to her with a smile. 

"You and the guys are coming over and we're watching the game. You can bring your family. I think the Erickson's and Gray are also coming."

"Sounds perfect. Are sleepovers allowed?"

"Only for you because you're special" he smirked and reached over and squeezed her thigh.
***
"Carter, get up. We have things to do before tonight and you're coming with me." I yelled at him through his door.

He took last night pretty hard. We lost and he was not too happy about it.

"Go away, I'll only slow you down." He called back to me.