18~ Sky's Boys

"What are we doing today?" I asked the boys as I sat at the lunch table.

They shrugged. "We could go to my house." Nick offered.

"We have Sky today" Carter reminded me.

I pointed at him in realization. "Right. Is she allowed to come?" I asked Nick.

He nodded. "Sure. I love the little squirt."

For the rest of lunch we talked about random shit. Honestly the boys are the ones that come up with most of the conversations that happen.

"I dont think I've seen your family since after the accident. How have they been?" Logan asked as we walked to psych.

I shrugged. "Better. The first week was a little rough, especially with Sky. She didn't want to go in a car but she had to. They're both fine now though."

"Did they find out what happened?" He asked.

"Yeah some guy was driving and not paying attention to the road. They think he was on his phone." I answered.

"God people are so dumb"

"Everyone has their moments, but that doesn't make all people dumb."

He sighed. "I mean I guess that's true."

"Everyone has their own shit going on. We can't judge them if we don't know the whole story"

"Yeah yeah, I know" he waved me off.

That was a weird. He's never been so dismissive about something before. I dropped it when Mr. Trody walked to the front of the classroom.

"So are you going to Nick's after practice?" I asked Logan after class.

"Thinking about it" he shrugged. "I have to go home first."

"Well I hope you get to come" I told him. Logan has become a part of the group and it's more empty when he's not around.

He smiled over at me. "Yeah me too"

I went into Mrs. Holt's class.  Carter and Remi were already there. We talked a little bit before Mrs. Holy got our attention. After her lesson she gave us a paper to do.

My phone buzzed continuously. Will contact flashed on the screen.

He should've been in class.

"Mrs. Holt, may I go to the restroom?" I asked politely.

"Hurry back" she told me. I grabbed my phone and walked out of the door.

I answered the phone as soon as I could.

"Will? Why aren't you in class?" I asked immediately after I answered. I was worried.

"It got canceled." He answered. "Are you at lunch?" He asked me.

I let out a breath of relief. "No Will, I was in class. As much as I would love to stay and talk to you I have to leave before Mrs. Holt finds out I'm not in the bathroom."

I really wish I could talk to him. We haven't got the chance to talk in a little bit. He was busy with football and I was busy with school things.

"Skip class" he said like it was nothing.

"Will, you and I both know I can't do that. Mom and Dad would find out and I would get in trouble"

"Well I guess I'll talk to you later snowflake" he whined.

I rolled my eyes at his dramatics. This boy I swear.

"You're a dork. A dork I love but a dork nonetheless. I love you."