21 LOVE

I wished that love would only need love to be perfect.
That all my flaws would be hidden.
In a dream that wouldn't come true.
I grew a flower that couldn't bloom
~y/n
______________________________________

| Y/N's POV |

Opening my eyes, I found myself in Jungkook's room. I grabbed my forehead, the pain intense since the ceremony.

The last thing I remember is us returning to the mansion and then falling asleep.

Looking around, my eyes landed on my dress. It had been changed from the bridal gown to a more comfortable outfit.

Panic started to rise within me. What if Jungkook changed my clothes? Did he see my body? Did he also see my bruises? No, Y/N, you're overthinking it.

Just then, I heard a knock on the door. I gave permission to enter, and a maid walked in. She bowed and spoke, "Mrs. Jeon, the master is waiting for you at the dining table."

"Don't call me Mrs. Jeon, just call me Y/N. You look about the same age as me," I said politely, not wanting them to feel inferior, as I was just like them.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Jeon, but it's strict orders from the master not to address you by your name," she apologized while bowing slightly.

I let out a sigh, realizing I couldn't win against his commands. Glancing out the window, I noticed it was already nighttime. He was calling me for dinner, but I wasn't hungry.

"Please tell Jungkook that I'm not hungry and don't want to eat anything," I said, looking away.

"But-" she started to say, but I interjected.

"I'm really not hungry," I reiterated. She nodded and was about to leave, but I stopped her.

"Wait! Could you please tell me who changed my clothes? You know what I mean-" I asked nervously. She smiled and informed me that Jungkook had asked her to change my clothes. I smiled back at her, and she left.

I rested my head on a nearby surface and closed my eyes, feeling some physical relaxation, even if my mind was still agitated. The memory of kissing Jungkook suddenly flashed in my mind.

I couldn't believe I had gathered enough courage to kiss him. At that moment, I didn't let my mind control me; I followed the emotions of my heart.

During and after the wedding ceremony, I hadn't spoken a word. My mind and heart were locked in a battle. My illness was conflicting with my love.

But now I've made a decision. I won't leave Jungkook's side. I'll give him all my love for as long as I live. I'll pull him out of this cruel and dark world. I'll transform him into a good person, even if it means giving everything I have.

I won't tell him about my illness because it would burden him, anyways there are very low chances of me surviving.

I'll fill his empty life with happiness, until the day my disease consumes me. We'll create so many beautiful memories that Jungkook can cherish forever.

I also wish to have a baby with him before I die so that he won't feel lonely when I'm gone. But I'm not sure if my frail body can carry a child. I hope he can lead a joyful life without me. I don't wanna spend the time I have with him being tensed about me 24/7.

I smiled sadly as a tear slipped from my eye. My heart was weeping more than my eyes. Only I knew how much I longed to be with him. I wanted to be the mother of his children, grow old together, see his gray hair and wrinkles. But perhaps I'm not lucky enough for that.

I wiped away my tears and whispered to myself, "No, Y/N, don't cry. You have to live happily with him for as long as you can."

I had been lost in my thoughts until I heard another knock. Swiftly wiping away any remaining tears, I granted permission to enter.