Reminiscing (Claudette)

The quiet hums of wildlife around you caused a small smile to form on your lips. You calmly continued your stroll through the dark forest of the Entity's realm. You had been a one a stroll for quite awhile now. You wanted to get away from all the whining and arguing of the other survivors.

You were not entirely sure what had transpired in the last trial, but David was insanely angry with Bill. You could not understand the details of what occurred as the two men were cursing each other out. Not wanting to details with the irksome yelling, you retreated out into the woods to obtain peace and quiet.

Despite these dark woods being creepy and rather depressing, it still felt like you were in the woods back in then. Back when you were not in this mysterious realm.

A small sigh escaped your mouth as began reminiscing your old past. You began to remember all the wonderful memories you shared with your friends and family along with the amazing amount of people you had met. How unfortunate for you to meet this fate you bear as of now.

Shouting in the distance tore you away from your thoughts which caused you to become irritated. Apparently you were not far enough away from the camp. Why did they have to be so annoyingly loud? Hopefully they will shut up by the time you need you went to bed. Although knowing those two, they would argue with each other all day if they could.

"Hey there Y/N!" A familiar voice called out.

You turned your head to see the familiar pink shirt woman with smile on her face. You returned the smile as she slowly approached you. It great to see another person who was very calming to be around.

"Wanting to get away from the camp too?" You asked.

"Nah. I was just examining the plant life here." Claudette replied, "Did something happen at camp?"

"David and Bill came back from the latest trial arguing with each other. Sounded like they were going to get into a fight or something." You replied with a frown.

"How alarming. I can understand why you left." She responded.

"Yeah it was getting pretty loud. I could hardly get any rest. It especially did not help that Ace was trying to calm both of them. I have a feeling he some how made it worse. I left the camp and I think a few other survivors did as well." You explained.

She nodded in response. You watched as she calmly went towards a tree and bent down towards the ground. You walked over to her and bent down as well to see what she was looking at.

"Anything interesting?" You asked, starting another conversation.

"This mushroom. It looks very different from the ones I have seen around here." She swiftly explained.

"Is that so?" You asked, slightly tilting your head.

Claudette was right in that the mushroom before you appeared to be far different from the other ones around the realm. This particular mushroom looked like something you would find in mountains. You began to ponder how this mushroom made its way into this realm.

"Yeah. This one looks the most like the ones in our world. All the other ones look rather dark or decaying." Claudette informed.

"Interesting. You are a botanist, right?" You inquired.

"Yeah. I find plant life quite fascinating." She smiled.

"Nice. I always found plants to be pretty cool as well." You smiled, feeling her smile to be contagious.

The woman grabbed her glasses and began to wipe the lens on the end of her shirt. As Claudette focused her attention to caring for her glasses, you noticed a sad expression on her face. It made your heart hurt slightly by seeing the sadness in her eyes. Was something bothering her?