Eight

Brook

I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. I was not in my room at Finneas house, I was at mom and dads room? I looked around and saw them sleeping as I was in between them.

I got up slowly and felt a little dizzy, but I just got over with it.

I looked out of the window and it was dark outside. I walked out of the room and walked over to my own room.

My phone was on the side table so I checked the time. It was 2:26 am. Pretty late.

As much as I tried to remember what happened, I can't. I just remember that I was at Finneas house and it was raining. Only that.

Why I'm not at Finneas house? Why mom and dad are here? Why I'm here? What happened? Where's Billie? Did they returned without her? Ugh fuck sake

All those questions came across my mind. I just walked to Billies room hopefully to get some answers to my questions if she's here.

I slowly opened the door and saw her sleeping peacefully on her bed. I don't wanna wake her up.
And she's here, not in New York.

I walked back to my room and fell asleep...

Suddenly I woke up again. I looked out of the window and it was now daytime.

I checked the time and it was 8:37 am, damn. Early.

I walked out of my room and walked straight to the kitchen. There I saw mom making breakfast.

"Good morning honey, are you feeling alright?" She said in a worried tone as she hogged me tight.

"I'm fine mom, just a little dizzy" I said as she tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Aw baby I'm sorry, do you want a painkiller after breakfast?" She asked sweetly and I just nodded.

"Umm, mom? What happened yesterday? I can't remember anything at all" I said kinda looking down as I felt weird.

"Oh well you laid outside to the rain and kinda fainted from the cold, so don't even try to do it again" she said patting my head and I nodded.

Oh yea right, now I remember exactly what happened. I was laying on Finneas yard as it was raining hard, while I was feeling sad.

Then I fell asleep and probably when I was sleeping my temperature felt to low and I fainted in my sleep?
Who knows.

"Can you please go wake up Billie hun?" Mom said interrupting my thoughts.

"Yea sure" I said and walked over to Billies room.
She was still sleeping like I found her last night.

I walked inside and laid beside her, and shaked her slightly.

She then started stirring. She opened her eyes slowly and smiled.

"Good morning Brook" she said in a raspy voice and she yawned.

"Morning" I said and cuddled to her.

There was an comfortable silence for some minutes until Billie finally spoke.

"Are you feeling okay?" She asked me still sounding sleepy.

"I'm fine now, oh and thanks for yesterday" I said and I can sense her smiling.
Well I'm pretty sure Billie took care of me.

"Anything for you Bubba" she said and I got up from her bed.

"Now come on mom's waiting for us to eat breakfast" I said pulling her to get up and she nodded.

We both walked to the kitchen where a big plate full of pancakes was waiting for us on the table as mom was putting plates to the table.

"Come on girls sit down" she said kindly and we both sat down.

We chatted for a while as we were eating, well I tried to eat but I couldn't fit it all in my stomach. I ate only two pancakes, I was full. I might think of throwing it up later.

Billie gave me a glance telling me she was proud of me for trying to eat, that's what her eyes were saying.

After we ate I decided to skate around the neighbourhood cause I just love skating. Skating is my life.

I grabbed my skateboard from the yard and skated from a different way this time cause I'm not in the mood for getting bitten up again. Not today.

I skated through small neighbourhoods around here that I haven't been before. It was calming for me somehow.

It felt like I've been skating for like two minutes but in the reality I've been skating for a whole fucking hour.

I skated back home from a different way again, for the same reason obviously.

I walked inside and saw dad watching the office on the couch while eating takis.

"Hey dad" I said and hugged him from behind, and he smiled.

"Hello Brook" he said patting my head smiling.

"Where's Mom and Billie?" I asked as I looking around for them and went to sit beside my dad.

"They went to check on a house that Billie had been thinking to buy" he said and I just nodded.

That means.. Billie is moving out? I'll leave separate to her? Noo I want her with me. But she has her own life she can't deal with me too.

"Is she moving out?" I asked as my voice was cracking a bit. I don't know why I'm being so emotional, I mean she can do whatever she wants it's her life.

"Yea soon but don't worry you'll still can see her as you see Finneas" he said and hugged me from beside.

My heart broke into millions of pieces hearing those words. What I'm gonna do?

"I think you need some sleep love" he said and I just nodded unable to say a word.

He is right I'm really tired, I've been skating for over an hour and I still feel a little dizzy from yesterday.

I walked down to my room and put some more comfortable clothes on and without hesitation I jumped inside my covers.

It felt so cozy and safe, I could stay here my whole life.

I instantly fell asleep...