Chapter 31: It'll be very rude not to taste like ice-cream.

"Evie, I think we should eat dessert first because you never know when Dino nuggets decide to become dinosau's and eat us. We need to enjoy and they do too, it'll be vewy 'ude to taste not like ice-c'eam"

Gone.

Just gone.

One moment you are alive, laughing, crying, maybe dying inside but breathing but the next, you're gone, you aren't alive or laughing or crying, you don't have the chance to feel alive again, you can't because you're gone, forever.

"We need to fill this form," Eve said quietly the paper between her fingers covered in blood, they had taken Serafina away a few hours into the emergency room and the doctors weren't out since the past hour.

Vittorio looked up, face still flushed but patched up, red questioning eyes. None of them had talked after what she said and yelled but all of them saw it. There was no question about who's kid she actually was, there was no sample needed but they had one done anyway.

It just confirmed what was said and pissed Eve off further.

"I'll fill it of course" She took a breath "You just have to sign it"

Vittorio nodded clearing his throat "Of course"

Eve of course didn't even wait a minute before starting to fill it out, she still couldn't believe all that had occurred in the past few hours.

~Flashback~

"SHE'S YOUR GODDAMN DAUGHTER YOU PATHETIC ANIMAL"

It was like a thousand bullets hit Vittorio, he couldn't breathe, god he couldn't breathe. Actually, it was the memories that him. The sex. The puke. The crying. The drama. The promise. The threat.

It hit him to the point where he was so overwhelmed he felt like he could pass out but shook out of it when he saw Eve pick Serafina up.

"I'm taking her"

"No" Eve looked at him, eyes full of rage "I gave you fucking everything, gave them up just for 3 conditions and you couldn't even keep them"

"Eve" He looked at the girl as he spoke in a low firm voice swallowing down his emotions at this certain moment of time"Those are my men outside, they won't let you go as fast as they will let me, let me fucking take her"

Eve took a deep breath understanding the situation and quickly placed the girl in his arms, running beside him and he was right, the men stopped her for a second, a second more Serafina was at the risk of dying.

A second more of losing the girl who she'd been forced to keep a secret, a second more of losing the girl she'd chosen to protect.

~Flashback~

Eve looked at the paper taking a deep breath, a shudder passed through her body as she remembered what she fucking yelled the second Serafina was in, and she meant it, she meant it.

I'M DONE. YOU ARE DONE BOTH OF YOU She had looked at Katherine and Vittorio with a fury no one could comprehend, a fury she didn't know she could have, a fury no one knew she had in her SHE HEALS, I GET HER GUARDIANSHIP AND WE'RE DONE. OUT OF HERE. MILES AWAY. OCEANS ACROSS. SAFE. I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE. FUCKING BEFORE YOU BASTARDS KILLED HER.

Almost.

Almost killed her.

Almost killed your 'baby sister'.

Almost killed your daughter.

Almost killed your niece.

Almost killed our niece.