Chapter 10: The ball washer.

The plan was simple.

Win.

Cause losing will result in death and honestly, no one was really looking forward to fucking dying just yet except maybe one person but even she wanted the whole year before she did.

"Serafina?" Katherine stared at the girl who had a crate of money on her back, trying to balance it.

"Yeah?" She looked up at her eldest and at the questioning gaze answered "Eve never let me have a million in notes."

"That's a least a billion" Katherine's amusement increased at Serafina's careless shrug which almost dropped it.

"I really don't care, as long as it pisses Eve off and lets me finally get a Lambo in cash"

"Pisses Eve off?"

"Yeah, her face goes all red"

"That ain't pissing her off, kid, that's annoying her, pissing her off will result in a Vesper 2.0"

"Well, good enough for me, it's fun"

Serafina slowly walked up to her car with it. See, the plan had to start with small sabotages leading up to the finale, they wanted the attention to be spread, and right now, they had robbed one of his storage warehouses in Baggio, killing around 20-30 men just for that.

For a small distraction.

"Serafina?"

"What now?" Serafina asked, turning around after finally putting the crate down in the back of her car.

"Shred them around her room, not all, just enough to make it look like a billion" Katherine slid into her car, a black Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita.

"That was actually a good one" Raven commented and Phoenix whistled.

"Who knew Katherine had it in her."

"Had what in her?" Vesper showed up, grabbing the towel Serafina held up, wiping blood off herself.

"A good idea not related to work"

Vesper chuckled under her breath

"Only if you knew, kid"

"I'm 18"

"Whatever...Same thing"

"I need to" A cough escaped Serafina's lips and Phoenix stepped away thinking the cause of it was the smoke of her cigg.

~o~O~o~

"What about you?" Cole looked at Serafina as she scribbled something in a leather-bound notebook. "What do you keep writing in there?"

"What about me?" Serafina looked up, her lip curling, a twinkle in her eye as she answered the next question. "None of your business"

Cole let himself drop onto the ground, lying down.

"I think I like disappearing in the night" She answered after a few minutes when Cole looked half-asleep. "You know, just vanish into this darkness with my own"

"I don't think so" Cole's drowsy voice replied "I think that even though you say you want to disappear, I think you want to be found."

Serafina stared at him, minutes passing, a soft snore left his mouth making her realise he wouldn't remember what he said in his sleepy state.

She lay down next to him staring up at the stars, in the sky, they looked like they were celebrating while the world was asleep, drifting away into their subconscious, she just gazed up at them, a thousand things on her mind but his words topping them all.

~o~O~o~

Serafina banged on Vittorio's window, his car was beside hers, stuck in traffic, she dropped Cole near his neighbourhood and was returning when was stuck in traffic.

"What's going on here?"

"Apparently the ball washer lit the thing on fire" Vittorio answered on his phone.

"The what?"

"The ball washer"

"The what?"

"The ball washer" He looked up into her mixed blue-green eyes not understanding why she kept repeating the same question

"The what?"

"The ball"-- He rolled his eyes as he understood, with a small scoff "What are you twelve?"

"16"

"Get in the car" He rolled his eyes yet again, his lip tugging upwards ever so slightly when he saw her shoulders shaking with laughter not realising instead of laughs wrecking her body, it was her coughing because of laughing that hard especially considering she just smoked a while back.