45

"Mmmm.."

Hanji hums in ecstasy, sipping the fine red wine in the Dauper restaurant. She looks so satisfied, yet her friend is not, "why are you all serious, shorty ? You're not even touching your drink !"

He looks down in silence.

"Is this because of Ms. (L/n) ?"

A sudden cough erupted from Levi's throat, "well... no."

"Something's up huh ?" Hanji wiggles her eyebrows playfully, only to earn a death glare from the short man, "oya oya, I'll take that as a yes."

She puts her glass down, "alright, listen to me, Mr. CEO. A relationship is like facing each other, stark-naked-"

"How vulgar."

"I DON'T MEAN IT LITERALLY ! I mean as in, you should have nothing to hide. Think about it. Let's say you said you'll both strip. And then she's taken it all off, but you.. If you still have something on, how embarrassed and uncomfortable would she feel, huh ? It's like 'hey, I took the leap but why not the bastar-"

The brunette immediately shrieks under his sudden sharp glare, "I-I mean, 'why not him ?' Anyways, she'd feel so betrayed ! Just like that, Levi."

"Your point is ?"

"Take off all of your underpants." She replies.

"....what ?"

She then squinted her eyes behind the glasses, "you're hiding something from Ms. (L/n), aren't you ?" Her brown eyes glistened with something that could make Levi squirm a little on his seat.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"You know.." Hanji sighs, "ever since I was busted for lying to my husband about how good his eyebrows look, I never kept anything from him again. Wanna know why ? Because the more you hide it, the more you're forced to lie, and that'll only torment both of you. For someone as silly as me, I know, because I've been through it. And, there's just one thing I want to say here, so listen closely, Levi."

"If you're hiding something, then it's manners to take it all out before you start anything."

Levi broke his sharp glare, "this is not that simple. Because sometimes, knowing the truth can hurt you."

Her shoulders slump down in realization.

He's got a point...

-------------------

She tosses around.

Even beneath the cozy blanket, (Y/n) fails to feel safe in her own dream, or rather, old memories..

--Flashback--

*BOOM !*

Thunderclap echoed in the air, sending a shock through (Y/n)'s veins. Bad memories began to rush inside her head as a whimper escaped her mouth. Was her brave actions earlier just for a show ? No. (Y/n)'s not like that. It's just.. Thunder, lightning.. are something that she had difficulty to overcome.

A pair of steel blue eyes stole glances at the quivering girl.

The fearless looking little girl had turned into a vulnerable one just in one strike of thunder in the middle of the thunderstorm. A look of surprise took over the boy's face when he heard the girl who had saved him broke into heart-wrenching tears that made him feel something.. different.