8

Placing three bowls of rice on the table, (Y/n) plops herself down on the chair that faces her two male companions. 

"I told you I can do it myself, you know." 

(Y/n) chuckles, "Sorry, it's a habit from my job. I feel like I have to lay everything myself. Eat up, Falco." 

The innocent 14 years old boy smiles in gratitude, "Well then, thank you for the food." He begins to slurp his bowl of ramen. Falco closes his light hazel eyes in delight as soon as the delicious pork broth touched his bud taste. 

"Hey, aren't you going to eat too ?" 

She turns her head to the man who just talked. Porco Galliard. 

If people look at them without thinking twice, they would think that Porco and (Y/n) are a married couple, and Falco is their child. But that's not the truth. Falco is a junior high school student, who just happens to be entrusted under (Y/n)'s care because Colt, Falco's older brother, is extremely busy and rarely comes home. So (Y/n) often spends time with him after work. 

And, about Porco Galliard, the man who seems quite salty and cool at the same time, he's actually (Y/n)'s closest man friend. Heck, they're even friends since diapers. They always stick together through thick and thin. 

(Y/n) stirrs her ramen, "Nope, I'm just letting it cool down for a bit." Then her eyes darted to her friends, who had stopped eating. Their eyes shows nothing but emptiness, "You two look worn out.  Did something bad happen to you today ?" 

"Auntie (Y/n), please don't mind us-." 

"Actually, I have something in mind," Porco received a look of betrayal from the boy beside him. Falco thought Porco would just pretend that everything's fine but turns out he didn't, "I feel like, me and Falco are always troubling you." 

"Troubles ? Hell no." She tilts her head, "Where did you even get the idea that you both are troubling me ?" 

Falco fiddles with his fingers, "W-well, you always cook for me or take me out to eat. And you always buy things I needed even though it's supposed to be my family's job." 

He and Colt live in a different town from their parents. And it's way too far to visit their parents, so most of the time Colt always tries to fulfil what Falco needs from school or something. The truth is, (Y/n) is far beyond happy to take care of Falco almost everyday. He's like a little brother she never had. His kind and caring attitude somehow makes (Y/n) proud. 

“Are you kidding me ? If that's what you call a trouble then you're wrong guys. And it's not like you're causing real trouble like my dad.” 

Porco frowns, “What did he do this time ?" 

Ever since they're kids, Porco knows that (Y/n)'s father often get in trouble and (Y/n) always has to be the one to clear his problems and such. 

“Let's just say.. he got a private loan early this year." 

“Oh God... how much ?" 

“Around $33,560. Hehe" 

Porco widens his eyes, "Why are you only telling me this right now ? I could've helped you !" 

"But it'd only add to your worries. I know you too well." 

"So what did you do ?" Falco asked. Seeing his 'aunt' being responsible for her father's loan makes Falco feel bad. 

(Y/n) grins, "I sold my car and paid it off." She said as if it was nothing. 

"Wait, you had a car ?"