twenty. love

"I wanna be erased...",you groan while grabbing at your head and squeezing your eyes shut. Your head is pounding painfully and your throat feels like you swallowed an entire bucket of sand. Last nights makeup feels heavy on your face but at least you wear comfortable black pajamas, courtesy of the man setting the tray down on your lap.

"None of that nonsense, my dear! It's just a hangover.",Alastor says while sitting down on a stool beside the bed. You crinkle your nose and exhale shakily while letting your eyes flutter open. You are never going to drink again—who cares about peer pressure! "Just fill your stomach and drink some juice, you'll feel better in no time."

Looking at the breakfast in bed Alastor woke you up with, a warm smile spreads across your lips smudged with makeup. It smells delicious and looks just as good, your empty stomach aching for the food. Switching your gaze to Alastor, you gently pull him towards you by the nape of his neck.

Planting a kiss against his cheek you gaze into his eyes with a loving look. "Thank you for taking care of me...I'm sorry if I was difficult. I truly can't remember a thing after running from Angel." Alastor looks at you with love and adoration, his lips gently kiss the inside of your palm as you pull away.

"It's not, my dear.",he reassures you. You smile at him before turning and first taking a drink of the red juice, it's sweet yet bitter on your dry tongue—a delectable taste. A small smile on your lips while gently placing the glass down. "Mon coeur...",Alastor using the sweet name makes you turn to him immediately. The strange tone he takes is worrying.

His crimson eyes don't look at you for a few silent moments. "What's wrong, ma moitié?",you ask and his gaze immediately shifts to you. You smile at him in a soft and encouraging manner. "You can talk to me.",you softly reassure.

Alastor blinks softly and he gently grabs your hand. "If...If you do get redeemed and you end up in Heaven—what does that mean for you and I? Are we—we going to be torn apart again?",he asks with his voice going brittle.

A soft breath leaves your lips and you set aside the tray while standing up. His gaze tears away and his brows pinch, eyes shutting.

Your heart aches and you stand between Alastor's legs. Wrapping your arms around his neck you pull him close and his head rests against your chest. His arms wrap around your waist and he clutches the fabric of your pajamas. "Why are you suddenly asking me this, Alastor...?",you ask softly.

The red demon can hear the thumping of your heart and the warm of your body. He can smell your sweet scent and he can feel your soft hands gently running through his hair. Guilt floods his entire body and so does selfishness. He doesn't want to lie to your face, he can't. "Because...I-I can't lose you, my love. Not after reuniting with you after so long apart...",his voice shakes and so does his breathing.

"Alastor look at me...",you tell him in a sweet manner. With a hard swallow he listens, turning his head and gazing up at you. Your eyes fall down to hold his gaze and gentle hands wipe at the tears rolling down his cheeks. "Theodora is there...waiting for me. I...I don't know what will happen if I am redeemed but I know one thing."

Alastor trembles, completely vulnerable and weak in your presence. His chest aches and heart breaks as you wipe away his tears and bend down a bit. You push back his bangs and plant a soft kiss against the x on his head. "We found each other here didn't we?",you whisper softly while holding him close to your chest.

He lays his ear against your chest, listening to your heartbeat and words. His eyes squeeze shut hearing your response and his heart breaks. "I'll find you once more and this time I'll have Theodora...we can be a family, my love." Alastor swallows hard while clutching you closer, your hands holding the back of his head close.