34

It has been one month

It has been one month. One damn month, we aren't in contact with each other. I miss her badly, I don't know how I'm going to handle myself the whole time, it is getting difficult to live without her.

To distract myself, I have been drowning myself in countless hours of workouts, I have been studying for multiple hours and what not, but when my head touches the pillow I see her flashing through my eyes. Manas told me she got selected for London business school, I'm glad for it. Atleast she is accomplishing her dreams and being happy.

I chuckled sadly as the thought flew by. Currently, I'm in my bed. It's five in the morning. I didn't slept the whole night because she captured my mind. I have been thinking about her every passing second. Somehow, I hate it,because she isn't with me anymore and I hate it so much, that I want to smash something from my hands.

I go to the kitchen and open the fridge, I find a beer bottle. I smiled at it and sipped it, it tasted sweet on my bitter days. The kitchen's door squeaked and when I look up, it's mom staring at me with hurt and anger, she doesn't know that i have broke up with Preshtha.

But I guess, Manas must have told her or she must have figured out by my weird habits.

"Hey kay kartos? Tu khali pot daru pitos (what the hell are you doing? You drinking with an empty stomach)" she gave me a stern look which eventually turned into a concerned one. She took the beer bottle from my hand and kept it into the fridge again.

"Aaiiiii please yaar" I was pissed already and mom was adding fuel to my annoyance. I took out the beer bottle but Aai again placed it in the fridge.

"Drinking is injurious to health" I rolled my eyes at her, knowing that it's not worth arguing with my mom. I walk out of the kitchen, but before passing out of the kitchen's threshold I heard my mum call my name.

"Rudra, you seem to be restless these days, do you want to share something?" She asked as concern took all over her face. I shook my head in response, but she held me by my shoulders and made me sit on the dining table's chair and placed some new cookies in front of me.

She raised an eyebrow in curiosity so that I can spill up, what's bothering me.

"I broke up with Preshtha" I took the bite of the buttery-chocolate cookie and chew it, not giving a damn about the taste, moreover it tasted good.

"Why" she just had a blank expression. No shouting at me? Nothing? What happened to her.

"She is going to London business school" I shrugged and then I rubbed my eyes to remove the sleep from it.