Heartaches and Winter Snow

Sophie

The days went by slow from thereon.

Logan and I were close and I felt I was in love with him more each day, but I felt as if everyone around me were hiding things from me.

Mom and dad were going on business trips more often, and it worried me. Mom didn't look so good. She looked stressed out, tired, worn out. She had lost a lot of weight and tried to hide it, changing the subject each time I asked her if she was ok.

We were getting close to Christmas time and that meant two things. One- Our winter formal dance was coming up. Two- Christmas break was coming.

My family usually goes off to a cabin we rent out in the mountains. I'm not sure that's the case this year. My parents have been so busy.

Logan was busier than before since they had won qualifications for county champions. I was so proud of him. The thing that bothered me was that Carter was still messing with him and me.

We oversaw his behavior since he was having it hard as well. His mom had just remarried and he was constantly fighting with his new step-sister Blair. She was such a nice girl. I pitied her for being stuck with Carter as an older brother

Last night, we had our first snowfall, and it came in as a big storm. We got the news that our school was going to be closed for the day while the town cleared the roads. So I guess now we get a free day.

I was laying in bed reading a book when my brother Aaron came in, "Hey, Soph. You got a visitor." He said peeking into my room.

I sat up, placing my book down. Troy came in right after making me smile.

"Hey, T. I thought you were stranded in your house with your grandma. What's up?" He smiled from ear to ear. He ran towards me, hugging me tightly.

"Oh my God, Sophie." He said happily making me giggle.

Aaron closed the door behind himself, nodding his head as he rolled his eyes.

"You will never guess what happened last night." He said joyfully. But by the sound of his voice, I had a big guess.

"Let me guess, You finally told your parents about Dylan not being your friend, but your man?" I asked.

He sighed, pursing his lips. "Well, n-no. Not yet. But I will soon. I promise."

"T, you have to tell them. Be honest with them. Plus, Dylan deserves to have the official title. He's so good to you, T." I said holding his hands in mine.

"I know. I know." He grunted, closing his eyes.

"I'll tell them soon. Dylan and I are planning to go up to New York and surprise them. I'm going to tell them in new year's Soph." He said a little too unenthused.

"So what is it you want to tell me? What's the big news?" I asked him?

"Dylan and I took things all the way last night for the first time." He said, blushing and covering his face.

"What? Are you serious? Oh my God, T. I am so happy for you. Ok, now you definitely need to tell your parents T! You have to, you just gotta!" I responded overjoyed for T and Dylan.

"God, I know. He's a savage Soph. God, that man drives me so fucking insane. I mean, look at this!" He stood taking off his jacket and shirt, revealing bite marks and hickeys all over his neck and chest.

I gasped, covering my mouth to protrude my laughter. "Holy shit, T. What happened to you?" I couldn't help but laugh as his face turned red.

T was an incredibly well-built guy, it's easy to see why girls drool over him, l. Despite him being secretly gay, he loves the attention he gets from the praised comments from the girls.