Troy, The Mighty!

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Sophie picks up her tray of food and makes her way to her usual spot. She sits at the lunch table across from Alexa and Dylan. Troy sitting down next to her. Numerous conversations are heard throughout the cafeteria as students begin to sit and eat next to their friends.

Sophie sneezes repeatedly as she makes herself comfortable in her seat, making the three chuckle. "Seriously Soph! You don't look so good today honey. Are you sure you're not coming down with a cold?" Sophie stares at Troy with an annoyed glare. "I'm not getting sick. I told you that already." She turns, grabbing her burger and getting ready to take a bite when she suddenly sneezes again.

Troy chuckles and nods his head. "Ok! If you say little miss stubborn ass."

"So, anyway. Troy? How did it go yesterday with um, you know." Sophie glances at Dylan and cautiously chooses her words. She knows that even though Troy is ready to tell his parents about him, he's still not ready to let everyone else know.

Troy coughs, choking on his food. He fists his hand, covering his mouth as he coughs. Sophie chuckles and grabs the soda, passing it to him and tapping him on his back.

He takes a few sips, clearing his throat. "I um," he clears his throat again, staring at Dylan. "I'd rather not talk about it." He sighs, pursing his lips and hanging his head low. He slowly grabs his own hamburger and takes a bite.

"Oh no. Troy! I'm so sorry hon!" She says in a low voice, turning her body and hugging him from his side.

"It's ok. Can I come over today to your house? I really don't want to go back to my house. Not until I know they've gone back to New York." He says in a low voice looking at her with a sad expression on his face.

"Honey, of course. You know you are always welcome at my house. My brothers and my parents love you." She smiles, pursing her lips, and hugs him tight again.

Logan clears his throat behind her. Both Troy and Sophie turn and see him next to Steven. His hands crossed over his chest and his eyebrows narrowed.

Sophie, though she suddenly feels the unfamiliar invasion of butterflies in her stomach as she thinks back to the almost close-to-be kiss encounter between them yesterday; she rolls her eyes and turns her body towards him.

"Did you lose something, Spencer? What do you want?" She asks sarcastically making him tilt his head, nodding and chuckling.

"So I see you made plans for today to hang with your second boyfriend. Did you forget we have to work on our project? Or are you the type that doesn't keep her word now?" He squints his eyes, tilting his chin to the side.

Sophie's eyes widen as she remembers the book report they have to work on together. Needless to say, she didn't have time to go through the list or read any of the books last night.