Chapter 11

Sienna's POV:

I'm stupid. I'm so fucking stupid. I went to warn Timmy and expected what? Him to believe me? Yeah, right. I should've never gone over there in the first place. I don't even know why I care so much. No, I don't care. I don't care at all. Why would I care? I hate Timmy and he hates me and-

My thoughts are suddenly interrupted by the buzzing of my phone. I pull it out of my pocket and turn it over as I see the person calling me is... Aiden? What the hell could he want?

"Hello?" I ask, not letting the confusion in my voice go unnoticed.

"Hey, um, Sienna. What's up?"

"I don't know, you tell me. You're the one calling me for the first time in like, ever."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. It's just that- I mean- what happened is-"

"C'mon, spit it out already. I don't have all day."

"Okay, listen. And don't cut me off again. Something happened with Timmy. Zacharia was supposed to go over his house at 8:00pm to play chess with him and Timmy was really excited and he had snacks and drinks out and everything but Zacharia never showed up and-"

"-and it turned out to just be a dare," I finish.

"I said not to cut me off," he responds, and I could practically see him rolling his eyes at this very moment.

"How did you know?" Aiden asks me.

I proceed to tell Aiden everything, from overhearing Zacharia and Vicky at school to driving to Timmy's house just to warn him.

"There's one thing I don't understand though," I continue. "Why did you call me? Why couldn't you stay with Torubarov and cheer him up?"

"Well I figured since he's both mad and upset about this whole Zacharia situation, the best thing to do would be to take his mind off of it," he says as if it's the most obvious thing in the entire world.

"And you thought that I could take his mind off of it because..."

"...because the only person Timmy hates more than Zacharia at this moment is you! So if you're over there annoying the crap outta him like you always are, he won't be focused on the fact that Zacharia asked him out as a dare."

When I don't respond for a few moments, Aiden says, "Wait, now that I think about it that probably wasn't the greatest solution. It just seemed like the best idea at the moment and I don't know, I thought it would work."

"I'll be there," I respond a little too quickly.

"What?" Aiden asks, but I know he heard me.

"I said I'll be there. Is there a problem with that?"

"No, not at all. I just thought I'd have to bribe you or pay you or threaten you or-"

"Are we done here?" I cut him off.

"Oh, um... yeah, sure. Bye," He says and hangs up before I can let another word out.

I get in my car and head to Timmy's house voluntarily for the second time today.

Timmy's POV:

As I sit on the edge of my rooftop, I question the events that have all occurred today. I question why Zacharia would accept that dare. I question who dared Zacharia to do what she did. I question if anyone else knew about it and didn't tell me. Which leads to my main question: why would Sienna actually try to warn me? We're not friends. Far from it, actually. So what could've possibly led Sienna to drive over to my house just to do something nice for me?

I check my phone to see that the time is now 9:12pm, so it's been a little over an hour since Zacharia stood me up. After I told Aiden what happened, he texted me back not soon after informing me that he would be sending a surprise my way. I'm not so sure I was in the mood for any more surprises today.

I hear footsteps nearing me, and I assume Aiden's so-called 'surprise' is here now. I don't bother turning my head. I remain looking at the view in front of me, which really only consists of houses, cars, and a few trees.

"You're not gonna jump, are you," Sienna asks. Her voice startles me, but I'm not exactly disappointed to be hearing it.

I let out a weak laugh. "I wouldn't give you the satisfaction."

She smiles. I've always loved her smile.

I sigh. "You were right," I admit.

Her smile fades quicker than I'd like it to. I expect her to scoff and let out an 'I told you so' but she doesn't. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the expression written on her face is... pity?

She walks a little bit closer to me before saying, "This might come as a shock, but I am sorry, Torubarov."

She's right, once again. That is a shock.

"Don't lie to me, Kornhaber."

She moves closer once more before she sits down next to me.

"I'm not lying, just like I wasn't lying earlier. I know that I've never given you a reason to trust me, but trust me when I tell you that you didn't deserve this."

This feels strange to me. Sienna speaking in a genuine tone towards me is something I thought I'd never experience, at least not in this lifetime. But here we are: me on the edge of the roof and Sienna sitting right beside me.

Different, but it somehow feels right.

We sit in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, both of us looking down at the ground underneath us. After a few more minutes pass, I finally speak.

"Hey, Kornhaber?" I say, still looking down at the ground.

"Yeah?" She replies.

"This conversation never happened, okay?" I now bring my head up to face her.

"Never happened," she agrees.