Chapter 3

Sienna's POV:

I'm on my way to Aiden's house. Never thought those words would enter my mind and actually be true, but they did and they are. I'm sitting in the passenger seat of Maddie's car while she drives us to Aiden Cannizzaro's house. Why?

Mr. Fahey has oh so kindly made the decision to assign this as a take home project, meaning we have to work together outside of school. Why? I have so much I could be doing with this time. I could learn to play the piano. I could find a job. I could write a book. I could go skydiving. I could go skydiving without a parachute.

I can think of hundreds of activities that involve anything but doing a project with Timothy Torubarov.

As we near Aiden's house, I'm beginning to think that the skydiving idea doesn't seem that bad.

It was necessary for us to make a group chat as Mr. Fahey expects us to complete this entire project within the span of a month. Aiden had texted earlier instructing us to just come inside since the door will be unlocked.

Maddie and I walk up to the door and slowly turn the handle, contemplating whether we should go inside or drive back home. In the end, we decided to go with the former as neither of us wanted to receive a zero.

We walk inside to see Aiden and Timmy on the couch in the living room playing video games. It takes them a few moments to acknowledge us, but when they do, they don't say much.

"You can just go into my bedroom," Aiden offers. "Upstairs and first door on the left. We'll be there in a minute."

We make our way up the stairs until we reach the top. We open the door to the first room on the left and walk inside. The first thing that catches my attention is his bed, which doesn't surprise me considering it looks as if it could fit a family of 5.

"Wow," I say to Maddie. "I've never met someone who sleeps with so many pillows. Maybe he needs them all to cradle his massive ego."

Maddie laughs as we hear the sound of footsteps approaching the bedroom.

"I can cradle my ego by myself, thank you very much," Aiden responds.

A few minutes pass and I remain standing while Aiden plops down onto his bed and Timmy sits on Aiden's desk chair, kicking his feet up on the desk. I take this time filled with awkward silence to view Aiden's room entirely. Other than the desk and massive bed, the room contains a 48-inch flat screen TV, a walk-in closet, a PC (which I assume is used for gaming), a nightstand next to his bed with a lamp on top, and 2 windows to the left of his bed.

I walk over to one of the already-open windows. I look down to see how far the ground is from where I currently stand. Yup, I'm on the second floor and actually contemplating jumping out the frickin' window. Call me dramatic, but you've never had to work with Timothy fucking Torubarov on a school project.

I honestly don't think I've made my hatred towards him clear enough yet. Timothy Torubarov has the most boring, annoying, aggravating, frustrating personality out of anyone I've ever met. And I've met a lot of people. What really bothers me, though, is the fact that no one else seems to agree with me. No one but Maddie, of course. I don't understand and will never understand why everyone adores him so much. He's as compelling as a wet yarn ball.

"Since it's so very clear that we are going to have a wonderful time with this project, does anyone wanna start off by suggesting ideas? Because that would honestly be greatly appreciated!" I exclaim, not letting the sarcasm in my voice go unnoticed.

"Not that I need to share them with you, but I actually do have a few ideas in mind," Timmy starts. "So, first, I was thinking that maybe we could-"

"Yeah, no," I cut him off. "Anyone else?"

"Since the project focuses on studying people's behavior, I was thinking that maybe we could visit a mental institution," Maddie says. "We could find a few days where everyone can go. All we have to do is visit the patients, jot down notes on how they act, and have that be that. I think it would be best if we worked individually so that we can get more work done," Maddie continues, but I don't miss the "and so that we don't have to talk to each other as much," she adds quietly at the end.

"I was literally going to say that," Timmy complains.

"I highly doubt that," I argue.

Timmy doesn't say anything after, implying that I, like always, was correct.

"Anyways, I really like that idea Maddie," I smile. "There's a mental institution not that far from here, actually. I think it's only around 15 minutes if we drive, maybe 40ish if we walk. So I definitely think it's better if we drive. But not all of us in the same car, obviously. Preferably, I'd go with Maddie while Aiden goes with Torubarov. But I don't mind if we all drive separately and just meet each other there. Honestly, I think that would be better. We would all have time to gather our own supplies such as a notebook and a pen and whatever else would be useful for this project. But we all have to get there around the same time. For example, it wouldn't be fair if I arrived an hour before another person, or if another person arrived an hour before me. So I think it is a very good idea to set times along with the days we are going," I finally finish.

Timmy turns to Aiden and says, "See what I mean? When she talks, it reminds me of when my wi-fi has been loading for hours and hours and hours and hours and-"

"Okay, we get it," Aiden groans.

"I will admit, that idea isn't terrible. It sounds pretty easy, and we could get it done efficiently. Besides, we need to get a good grade on this," Timmy explains.

"Well no fucking shit, Sherlock," I respond.

Timmy and I argue again, as per usual, until Maddie and I decide to leave.

This project is going to be a literal wreck.