Decision

The morning light gently penetrated her eyelids. She couldn't tell how long they had drifted to sleep. She could only tell that it was warm right there, in the arms of her beloved. She sighed in utter contentment. Her head was lying on top of his chest. She could hear his steady heartbeat beneath her ear. It soothed her and she only wanted to keep her eyes closed and enjoy the warmth of his hug for just a little longer.

Anya finally lifted her head off his chest, and she looked up only to see those silver irises that she so much adored. He must have been awake way before her. He must have been just standing there, silent, staring at her and at how wonderful she looked right there in his arms. He loved the weight of her head on his chest. Her soft fingers tracing his skin with a tenderness that no one had before. That smile on her pink lips was one of the prettiest things on her right now. Her white, immaculate hair was a wonderful mess from her messy sleep. Her bright blue eyes shined beautifully beneath the morning light that entered through the window. His Anya was perfect. In every way he could think of, she was perfect, she was his.

His hand found her cheek and she giggled. Her hand found his own supporting it on her cheek, and she turned her face, planting a gentle kiss on his palm. "Good morning," she mumbled, barely awake but entranced by every moment of being able to be with him.

His hand brushed a lock of hair away from her face, settling it gently behind her ear. "Good morning, my love, my baby," He cupped her cheek again and guided her close. He caught those perfect lips between his own and they both took a moment to sigh in a soft, warm kiss. He couldn't believe that he was having this. Things he thought would only live in his memories and wildest dreams, things he thought he could never feel again. He couldn't believe that he could now wake up and find her beside him. Find her in his arms, so wonderful and perfect. Heck, he couldn't remember the last time he had slept peacefully through the entire night on a bed.

Being a Captain had its perks. He had his own personal quarters, with his own double bed. But he never used it. He'd pass out by his office. He'd overwork himself, because when he'd close his eyes all he would see was her . It was her or the terrors of the everyday life as a Captain of the Survey Corps. His friends being eaten, and slaughtered, and dissected. Yeah. That's what haunted his nights and then that impending thought that he had no one to be there, to hold him like this. To look at him like that. Like the way she was looking at him now. She looked happy. He couldn't even fathom how content that made him. His Anya was happy. He'd do anything to achieve that.

Anya sighed as she pressed her chin down on his chest, and she looked up at him. Her soft fingers traced undefined circles on his skin and she was only beginning to realise how hungry she was. "Are you hungry?" She asked. Her fingers found his cheek. "I could make something to eat," She suggested. He couldn't remember the last time he had eaten something she had made.

"Are you hungry?" He asked and she giggled.

"Famished!"

"Then let's make something," He pecked her lips. "I'll help you,"

She pulled herself on top of him, laying soft, sweet kisses on his skin as she made her way to face him, legs at his sides and his arms wrapped around her. With one swift movement, he pulled them up so she was sitting on her lap, taking her off guard, her lips let out a soft laugh. "You have no idea how much I've missed this," she said as she nuzzled her face into his shoulder.

"You have no idea how much I've needed this," he responded, pulling her in closer and hugging her tightly. He hummed, he knew how true his words were, after the horrors he'd seen, he truly needed this. He truly needed someone there, to love and love him. He really needed someone to come back to. Something to hope for. Something he didn't have to question, he didn't have to fear for her to ever leave him. He needed his Anya, he needed to hold her and be close to her. He let his mind wander while holding her close like that, would it have made it easier to have her to come home to? Or would it have just made it harder to leave? Could he even have left? Would he have ever earned that title of Humanity's Strongest? Or would he have been so content with a life like this - waking up next to the woman he loved, holding her and spending his days with her.