24

Bruce ended up taking Penny out of school after speaking with her Principle. Her Principle found it appalling that Mr Carlson would say something like that about and to Penny, but apparently it wasn't his first problem. They were informed that the school board has an open investigation on him, and this will most likely lead to him being fired. Bruce was happy to hear that. It was agreed though, that Penny would be leaving school and would return the next day. Penny, although happy to get out of school, was slightly upset. The reason being, she has a math test. Thankfully her math teacher will have no problem letting her make it up.

Bruce and Penny left the school, but didn't end up back at the manor. Bruce had some meetings to attend to, and there wasn't any time for them to drop her off, so she went to Wayne Industries with him. Of course she'd leave before Bruce, but she was going to stay for a tour. A tour Bruce insisted on. So Penny took a tour of Wayne industries.

To her it wasn't very interesting since it's a business, but it was cool to see what Bruce had to do everyday, and what the company was doing as well.

When the tour was over, Bruce was done with his first meeting, so she and Alfred said goodbye to him, and left. Since Penny was alone with Alfred, she sat in the front seat next to him. He didn't like it, but didn't say anything when he saw how badly Penny wanted to sit in the front and talk to him. She talk about everything. First she ranted about Mr Carlson, who Alfred agrees is a total idiot jerk face. When she was finished with that she just talked about her friends, and school. Though she didn't talk about it for long, for they arrived back at the manor.

Alfred told Penny he'd make her a snack, and Penny told him she'd be in the library. Because they have one of those.

When she found her way to the library, Penny looked for a good five minutes before picking out a book to read. She decided on reading Moby Dick. She had always wanted to read Moby Dick because her Aunt and Uncle were lovers of all things by Herman Melville, but she never got the chance to before.

She stated reading and by the time she was finished with it, it was only lunch time. She had been so engrossed by the book that she hadn't seen or heard Alfred come in and drop the snacks off, and that's not an easy thing to do.

...

By the time Alfred left to pick up the boys she was on her thrid book.

When the boys had gotten home, all of them had heard what happened from Alfred, and all ran to where she was. When they got there they saw her reading on the couch, surrounded by books. Before they could even say anything, Penny turned tp look at them with a smile.

"Hey guys."

Concerned, they all ran over to her and started asking questions. Knowing she wasn't going to be able to escape them, she explained what happened between her and the counselor. To say they were not happy would be an understatement. Jason threatened to shoot him (which greatly concerned Penny on why/how he knows how to use a gun), Dick and Tim want to destroy his car and happiness, and Damien said he was slowly going to torture him mentally until he fell apart (which also greatly concerned Penny). She then explained how they weren't going to do anything, because he was already fired, and probably jail because of all the illegal things he did as a counselor.

They agreed grudgingly to not do anything.

In the end, Penny ended up having a very nice day with her brothers...

When she went to sleep, that's when she realized that she's home. Wayne manor is her home, and the boys, Alfred, and Bruce are her family.

She just has to figure out how to tell them about her powers, and the fact that she knows they're the bats... it's gonna be a piece of cake.