14

By the time Penny woke to her alarm, the bruise on her face had fully healed. To her standards it took longer than usual, but to a normal person's standards it healed very quickly. Though, she didn't notice. Everyone at the foster home had thought it normal for her and they didn't really question it, and even though everyone in the Wayne home probably would, she just didn't notice. Penny woke up earlier, which meant that she didn't have to rush, meaning she could actually style her hair today. Styling her hair was something that Penny found fun and relaxing, though she never really got the chance to do it much. Along with her jeans, sneakers, and Wonder Woman hoodie, she put her hair into two French braids, allowing the colored tips to mix in with the rest of her brown hair. 

She smiled at her reflection in the mirror. She loves doing her hair, and she loves the fact that her bruise is healed and not visible. She hated the fact that everyone at school stared at her, and if she has to make something up she'll just say that she put make-up on her face. That would also take care of what she'd tell the Wayne's and the Young Justice if they took notice to the fact that her bruise is healed. 

She emerged from the bathroom, and double checked that her school things are all in her bag. Once that was done she grabbed her earbuds and phone and exited her room. She checked her notifications, and was quickly joined by Jason, who wrapped his arm right over her shoulder. 

"I like your hair, I didn't know you could do that."

Penny smiles and glances at him, "Thanks. I like doing my hair, but I don't really have a lot of time to do it most days."

"Well it looks good."

"If you like it so much maybe I can put braids into your hair."

Jason laughs as the two descend down the stairs, "Yeah, no. It would totally ruin my image if my little sister braided my hair."

Penny smiles, and gets a happy feeling. She didn't think that the boys thought of her as a sister yet, I mean she hasn't been their too long, and for most of the time there were other bonds being formed with them by the other kids. But she was happy, because she really like it here, and she really like them. The two of them arrived at the dinning room and joined the Young Justice, who had woken up earlier than all of them. Penny set her bag on the floor next to her and took a seat next to Jason. Everyone held their own conversations until the breakfast arrived, and everyone was at the table. Artemis and Ms. Martian noticed Penny's face. Since it was one of the first things that they noticed about her when they got to the Wayne's, and now it's suddenly gone? They have suspicions on her, like they do the Wayne boys, but there are things about her that are just not adding up.

The disappearing bruise, the unholy amount of food, even her football esque tackle. Though this doesn't add up to much, Artemis can't help but be suspicious and cause the others to be even more suspicious. She thinks that Penny, Jason, Tim, Dick, and Damien are all rich brats who are all hiding something. So obviously she has to tell them that she doesn't trust them and that they are up to something, that they cannot be trusted, that they have to investigate the Wayne's. 

Nothing about it was mentioned though. The next thing to be said by someone to the group was Alfred. A good thing to because Artemis was about to go all out and accuse them all of things that aren't true, and basically interrogate each of them with personal and invasive questions. None of them would have liked that. Penny probably would have cried, only because she doesn't take invasive questions well, and she doesn't think that the Young Justice would have any reason to be suspicious of her. So it was a very good thing that Alfred had spoken first. 

"As much as I would love to have you all here, it is time that you all get to school. I believe that the Young Justice has a plan to keep you all safe while you are at school." He looks to Aqualad and gives him a look.

"Yes, we do. We cannot be seen by anyone so we will be watching you all at Gotham Academy from a safe distance. If anything goes wrong we'll be able to get there in time. We each have our own assigned Wayne to watch. You all will be completely safe."

As he finishes Penny raises her hand slightly and asks something. "Um, who will be coming to Midtown. I mean you said that you all have been assigned to one of us, but you only said Gotham Academy. I don't go there."

Aqualad looked surprised at this, "You don't go to the same school as them? What school do you go to?" He didn't think that any of them would go to a different school, I mean their brothers and sister right? Why would they have a reason to not go to the same rich kid school that is basically owned and funded by Bruce Wayne, their dad. (Of course the team didn't really know that the Wayne kids aren't actually related to Bruce in any way, for he did call them all his kids.)

"Midtown High School of Science and Technology," Penny replies.

The Young Justice all shared a look before once again speaking. This was a slight change in their plan, but it wouldn't effect anything in the long run. Even at a different school, they'd still be able to protect and watch Penny from afar. "Nothing will change, we'll still be able to protect you and keep you safe."

Penny nods at that, and gathers her things up. Even though if something were to happen and someone were to come after her, she'd be able to handle herself. Her spider sense would tell her if she was being watched (which it would today), and if anyone were to go and try to grab her. Her strength and her enhanced abilities would help her get away, besides if she didn't have that, her gymnastic, and fighting abilities would. Though, Penny does feel a little safer with them watching over her. 

Penny soon joins the boys at the front door, and soon the car. As they ride to their schools, they all chat quietly, and if not that, looking at their phones. Penny was trying not to focus on the annoying feeling of her spider sense telling her that there were people watching her from above. 

Alfred had informed Penny that she has to take the car home when school finishes because of the situation they are in. 

As she arrived at her school, she slipped her bag over her shoulders, and said goodbye to everyone in the car, of course including Alfred. She joined Ned and MJ outside the school and their discussion on the chemistry homework they had. Penny found it easy, MJ scoffed at that and called her a loser and a nerd, and Ned he just found it funny that the two of them obviously liked each other, but are to oblivious and to notice. When they got inside to go to their first class, they talked about the field trip they have the next day and how their history teacher is absent. 

As Kid Flash observed the three of them, he couldn't agree more with Ned Leeds. 

Penny and MJ are obliviously in love with each other.