Chapter 9

Sharon
"Excuse me a second." I told  Merlin and ran after Dean. He didn't look okay, from the second he set his eyes on Merlin. And the way he shook his head with disappointment, the look he had in his eyes right before he seethed "excuse me," he definitely was furious. I had no idea why though, so for a moment, I forgot that I was supposed to be angry with him and ran after him. "Baby!"

"... Put your hands together for our guest of honor, Sharooon Goodwiiiin!" I heard that over the speaker, and stopped on my track. I looked back to the podium and saw the same lady who orchestrated the whole thing, flashing me a million dollar fake smile.Every one was looking at ME. Merlin was there wondering if I was crazy, Dean was beside me looking at me like I was a joke and... I felt like I was being pulled towards different directions at once. 

I knew It was time for my speech and I had no choice. Sighing, I started towards the podium, but I remembered Dean had the paper I had written my speech on? I turned but he was gone. Just like that.

I gave the smallest speech in the history of speeches, before I scampered down the stage. I almost fell you know, but Merlin helped me. We walked to the tent they had set up for the reception or something.

"Are you okay? He asked handing me a water.

" Yeah, yeah I am okay. "I replied. Deep down, I wasn't okay" how are you? It has been forever since I saw you. "I talked quickly, my eyes scheming through the crowd trying to spot my husband.

" I Am fi..."

"Do you think Dean is mad about this?" I cut him off. I hadn't settled. All I kept thinking about was why Dean walked away like that, he didn't even have the decency to stay for my speech.

"I don't know. Do you want to go look for him? I can help you." I scoffed. Me, look for him? Let him rot, for all I care.

"No, Let him be. If he can not grow up and express himself like a grown ass man, I do not care." I even folded my arms over my chest. I heard a chuckle and turned to Merlin"What?"

"Nothing, you haven't changed one bit. You are still very puerile," he laughed.

"No I am not" I defended myself. He rolled his eyes and let it go.

We ended up not catching up at all. A few minutes later, and I was still pouting over Dean. Merlin left saying he had somewhere important he needed to be. Of course I felt guilty for being a party pauper, so I promised to take him out for lunch.

It was around nine in the evening and the place looked even more lovely at night. I was tempted to stay and just gaze at the stars, but it was getting very cold. A little exhaustion was eating away at me. Just a few steps to our packing space, I stepped on something. I stepped back and saw a little golden thing laying delicately on the trimmed grass.

I looked at left and right to see if anyone was coming my way, maybe trying to trace the necklace because that was the kind of valuable that cost a fortune. I was pretty sure someone just hired it and was going crazy trying to find.

I went down and picked it up. It looked very  familiar. For a second there I remembered that Dean lied to me about it. Did he lease it or something?

I even went ahead to try to prove myself wrong, but coincidentally, it had the same inscription, " my love" Just like the one I saw with Dean. Man, it was a horrible coincident. I understand that people there were filthy rich, to buy a pure golden necklace wasn't a piece of cake, unless they were filthy rich like my husband. Plus, Dean mentioned that they did not come with a necklace.

I don't know but suddenly, I got these not-so- good butterflies at the pit of my stomach and I felt sick. For a second there I thought the necklace was hexed and I dropped it. Then I felt stupid and picked it up again, this time with tears in my eyes.