Chapter 6

Sharon
I had put my kids to sleep like two hours ago, and normally, I would be cuddling with my husband right about now, but we had a small misunderstanding and he ran out on me like a little baby. Just because I didn't want what he wanted, he called me tough headed.

I had been up crying intentionally for four hours now. It kept dawning on me that everything I had worked hard for, for five years, not only disappeared into the thin air, but it was wrecking my Paradise too. The small misunderstanding we had, was because of that.

Just a few weeks ago, I was happy. I was on top of the world right until I found Mr pig in my store. Things became even better, my husband became my rock, he helped me whenever I needed him. It helped get my mind off things and even though I severely cried in the bathroom, it was not too much. Because I knew he would not let anyone hurt me

I tried to not focus on my loss, but I still wouldn't stop crying. Every time I stayed at home, I remembered why and it scared as well as torment the hell out of me.

Dean reported the threat to the police and I was the one that got arrested. I mean they said I should not be allowed outside without three armed men of the law. My bodyguard and two actual police.

Unfortunately, My bodyguard happened to be one and only Patrick,  the guy whom had effortlessly climbed the ladder to my most hated person.
He offered to babysit me for as long as needed and Dean was more than ready to take him at his offer. He even paid him for that, claiming that since he was on sabbatical,he needed it.

But according to me, he deserved to live on the streets even. It was his fault with his big mouth. He knew when to use his gaping mouth to stir Shakespearean rage out of people. He didn't just bodyshame His polite old boss, he rudely trashed Mr Huggin's entire family in front of  employees . 

I didn't get him, He had a good job, very lucrative income and suddenly, he just threw a temper tantrum and lost everything. It was like he wanted to be my bodyguard. And I hated it.

I hated that for  so long now, he had been giving my best friend hell of a time. Tess said he was being cold, weird and mean for a long time now.  I was obliged by the state of bro code to just hate him. I hated him for that and for the fact that he kept pumping ancient controlling ideas into my husband's head. The bodyguard thingy wasn't even necessary but now, he was left, right and center and the funny thing was, I didn't trust him.

I didn't feel comfortable with his ass watching me the way he did sometimes. And I know, I know that I sounded crazy because he was in a relationship with my best friend and he was technically my husband's brother, but I didn't think he had Dean's best interest at heart. He kept pulling shit that only made me angry at Dean.

I mean like before he volunteered, Dean had agreed to loan me the money to pay the bank and my employees, then out of nowhere, that mongrel convinced him otherwise. He even convinced him to have everyone fired from their positions.  Thank God, Dean objected the second part.

I would have been able to be back on top in just twenty four hours, with Dean's help but I didn't like that he wanted to erase everything I had done so far. He wanted to buy it, the entire building then remodel it and turn it into another infinity. He wanted me to stay at home. He said he wanted to take care of me, to keep me safe.

I said No.

How about my work? I loved doing what I did. I loved clothing children and he knew very well that my business had grown effectively. He couldn't just tell me to turn my back on that.

I insisted that he just loan me the money then and I would work hard to repay him but he took that as an insult. Now it was hours since he drove away in his audi and I haven't heard from him since. I was stuck with this huge guy, who kept emptying my fridge and singing that Dean was lucky to have me.