𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

CHAPTER FIVEdear old friend

CHAPTER FIVE
dear old friend.

Mystic Falls, 2010.

                   ㅡAFTER A FEW HOURS OF DRIVING, Bella stopped her car in the yard of Salvatore Boarding House. To be honest, it felt weird to return to a place after leaving it. She hasn't done it since 1864. Usually when she left a place, she would never look back again. But this time was different. Everything was different.

Just a day before Katherine's little visit to this house, Caroline sent her a warning. Bella had no choice but to leave immediately. Katherine couldn't find out about her, at least not yet.

She already took care of Caroline. And she was pretty sure Damon and Stefan wouldn't tell Katherine about her since that bitch was their enemy now. There was no way they could be that stupid to tell their enemy something that could be their secret weapon. The only problem left would be Stefan's little journal since there was a chance Katherine would try to read it. But she took care of that as well by ripping off the page about their family reunion.

Just when she entered the house, she heard something interesting from the library. Without thinking twice, she flashed towards the room.

"Well, well, look at this." Her grin suddenly appeared when she found her brother crouched in front of the fireplace with a guy chained up to a chair behind him. "Just two days I'm gone, and you've found yourself a toy." She folded her arms in front of her chest and slowly walked closer to them to get a better look at her brother's hostage. "I'm impressed."

Damon got up and turned to her with a frown. "Where have you been?"

"Richmond, doing a little shopping trip," she answered simply. "There's this branded bag I've been waㅡ"

"On a second thought," Damon quickly nutted in, "I don't wanna know."

Bella's grin widened as she found herself getting better at lying.

"So, what's the deal with this guy?" She pretended to sound curious as she turned to her brother's hostage. She knew exactly who he was, Mason Lockwood the werewolf. She wasn't sure if the guy knew about her, but he somehow kept staring at her with a pleading look, like he was hoping she would help him.

"He's a werewolf and apparently Katherine's new pet," Damon explained shortly. His eyes then narrowed suspiciously at Bella when he suddenly remembered something. "You still remember her, right?"

"How could I forget?" she replied, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Then why weren't you surprised to see Elena?" Damon asked, sounding more suspicious than before. "She's a dead-ringer for Katherine."

Bella raised an eyebrow at him. "Who said I wasn't surprised?"

"Your face said it," he pointed out.

She just shrugged. "Good to know I'm getting good at hiding-emotions."