𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER SEVENTEENacceptance

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
acceptance.

•••

WAKING UP IN UNFAMILIAR ROOM wasn't something strange anymore for Bella. Especially when she had been drunk the night before.

Groaning, she touched her dizzy head and gave it a little massage. She closed her eyes again and tried to remember anything from last night, but all the details were blurry. The only thing she could remember was she was trying to drink her problem away last night.

"I used to think that vampires couldn't get wasted, but I guess I was wrong."

Her eyes immediately opened again as she heard that voice. And when she turned to where the voice came from, she found Jeremy, sitting in front of his desk with arms folded across his chest.

Bella grunted and lazily shifted her position to sit. It didn't need a rocket scientist to figure out what happened between them last night, especially when she realized that her dress from last night was being replaced by an oversize brown t-shirt. Of all the guys that came to the party last night, why did it have to be him?

She flipped her hair to the side and asked in a hoarse voice, "Why am I in your room?"

"You tell me. You're the one who asked to come with me."

"But the party was in my house, why didn't you just take me to my room?"

"I tried to take you to your room, but you didn't want to. You begged me to take you away from there."

That must be her subconscious that asked to be taken away, not away from home, but away from all her problems.

He narrowed his eyes at her as he added, "You even threatened to kill Matt if I didn't do as you asked."

"Yep, sounds like the drunk me," she muttered flatly.

While looking around the room, she accidentally spotted her dress neatly folded on the bedside table. Pushing aside the blanket that covered half of her body, she jumped out from the bed. Without bothering to find a more private place, she quickly took off the t-shirt she was wearing, leaving only the underwear beneath. This made Jeremy hurriedly turn around, a red tinge on his face.

Bella scoffed, "Stop with the good guy act, Gilbert." She threw the t-shirt on the bed, then picked up her own dress from the bedside table. "It's not like you haven't seen anything."

"I swear it wasn't me," he exclaimed, trying hard not to glance back at her. "You looked uncomfortable sleeping in your dress so I asked Elena to change it for you."

Bella's hand, which was fixing the position of the dress that was now wrapped around her body, stopped moving abruptly. She blinked a few times, then stared skeptically to his back. "So we didn't...?"