Chapter Fourteen

Gunnar and Victoria are driving to the family land. Even though she knows everyone she is crazy nervous to see them after all these years. She has talked to Everett a few times and kept up with Sadie a bit more but she hasn't exactly seen anyone.

"It's going to be ok," Gunnar gives her hand a gentle squeeze.

She looks at him confused.

"Your panic face is showing,"

"Oh? Well... I just um..." she says.

"They are excited to see you," he reassures her again.

"Really?"

"Of course! We have never said anything bad about you. Ever! It will all be ok, I promise," Gunnar pulls her hand up to his lips and leaves peppered kisses on the back of her hand.

She leaves a big sigh, "Ok, thank you,"

They arrive in the late afternoon and when they pull up everyone is there. There is a fire going and food everywhere. Victoria smiles and remembers how much this family can eat, well the boys at least.

"Heregoesnothing," she mumbles

"We are in this together,"

"Together,"

Gunnar grabs her hand as they walk up to everyone.

"VICTORIA! You are here! Thank GOD!" Everett yells.

"Hey! Great to see you again!" Hudson waves.

"Hey guys!" she says sweetly.

They give her a hug and then Victoria sees the two people who tried to help make her life a little bit easier for her as a teen. She can't help herself but to run over and give them a big hug holding onto them tight.

"Sweet girl!" Sadie holds her tight, "How are you? We missed you!"

"You look amazing!" Ben holding them both in a bear hug.

Victoria has a crazy grin and giggles with Ben's bear hug. They just exude love and acceptance when she was teen and even more so now just the warm welcome makes her feel as if no time has passed.

"God I have missed you guys so much!" She says.

"I want to hear everything you are up to!" Ben says.

"Yes, but love the girl just got here. Let's let them set up, then we can eat and chat. Ok?" Sadie says.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Ben rolls his eyes. "Come on Gunnar, I'll help you with the bags,"

Ben leans over and kisses Sadie and Victoria remembers how patient he was waiting for her. She gets it now, why he waited and allowed her to come back to him. She knows it killed him when they were apart. They are definitely the definition of soul mates in her eyes.

"Come on, help me finish up dinner then we can correct the mistakes they made setting up the tent," Sadie gestures to Victoria.

"Momma, I heard that!" Gunnar says.

"She's right," Victoria mocks.

"Mmmhmm... She is always right," Ben winks at Sadie with a cheesy grin.

"Calm down old man," Sadie laughs

"Who are you calling old?" Ben huffs.

"My husband," Sadie laughs.

"Oh, yea?" Ben starts to step towards Sadie. "Well, he sounds like he needs a wheelchair. However me...I don't,"

"Ben... don't... No!" Sadie tries to stop him from walking towards her. "You promised to behave!"