Chapter 21

Hellou hoes!
I know I said that I was going to post on the 13th, but then I remember that it was Valentine's Day later, so I planned a double update, but then I forgot. I have nothing to say for myself, so here you go, it's not like anyone reads this on a regular basis, so I'm pretty sure no one noticed.

.

.

.

The next day, you woke up earlier than you wished to. Maybe it was the subconscious anxiety of meeting your 'husband's' parents. Maybe it was the fact that you've never met the parents of a previous boyfriend before, as your relationships were rather short and the guys never cared enough to introduce you to their families. 

You tried not to think too much about it. Instead, you went downstairs to make yourself some coffee. You noticed that Jungkook wasn't on the couch anymore, and neither was the blanket. He must've gone upstairs in the middle of the night. He still had his shirt and tie on when he fell asleep. 

After making coffee and realizing Jungkook wouldn't wake up anytime soon, you put the banana milk away and threw out the orange juice. Then you poured yourself a cup of coffee and went to your room. You decided on what to wear. Jungkook might not be the type of person whose parents you were eager to meet, but you still made an effort, knowing that it was important for him to make them believe you were actually his wife.

You took a shower and then put on clothes and make-up. 

As you were in the hall, Jungkook almost crashed into you because he didn't see you coming and opened the door way too fast. 

You froze for a moment, not sure if he actually hit you, but when you felt no pain, you rushed past him, trying to ignore the fact that his hair was damp and that he was looking at you like he knew something. 

It was the latter that concerned you more. 

He followed you downstairs, his dumbass bunny grin still on his face, but you weren't going to give in and ask why he looked at you like that. 

"Do you want some coffee too?", you asked instead, pouring a cup for yourself demonstratively. He shook his head. 

"You're up early," he said, sitting at the table. He ran a hand through his damp hair and you observed the way he leaned back in his seat yet again.

"Couldn't sleep well."

"Why, are you anxious?", he teased. 

"Of course not, why would I be?", you lied. 

Maybe because his parents would find out the two of you barely knew each other. 

Or maybe they bought your lie but they hated you. 

What could go wrong?

"You know, I had a really weird dream last night that I can't quite explain. I dreamt that you did a really weird thing."

This would either end in something NSFW or he would tease you about the blanket. 

Judging by the fact that he was still grinning like a fool, you hoped it was the latter. 

Though if it turned out to be the first one, you shouldn't be the one to be embarrassed. 

"You put a blanket on me, and when I asked you where it's from, you didn't say anything. The crazy thing is, I woke up in the middle of the night with a blanket on me," he said, looking you in the eyes and waiting for a reaction. You could slap that smug grin off his face. "I still don't know how it ended up there."

Jungkook you little piece of sh-

His phone rang. 

Saved by the bell!

He picked the call up. 

"Mhm. Yeah, we'll get going in an hour. Yes, I won't forget it. Yes, I'll tell her. Bye."

He hung up. 

"We need to pick up a plant for my mom on our way," he said and stood up. He went to the fridge and started taking things out to probably make breakfast.

"What did she tell you to tell me?"

He stopped mid-action for a second. It was a small gesture, but you noticed it. 

"Nothing."

"No, you clearly said 'I'll tell her.'"

"Did I?"

He turned around, yet again giving you a smug grin. 

"Why are you in such a good mood?"

Shouldn't he be worried about his parents hating you? Or worse, them finding out it's all fake? 

"Can I not be happy?"

Not if taken into consideration that he is always grumpy about something. 

"What did she tell you to tell me?", you persisted. 

"She wanted you to know that she looks forward to meeting you."

See? It wasn't so hard.