2.18. At gunpoint

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

What will I do?

If I lost everything?

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

When I slowly lifted my eyes open with a deep inhale, I saw an unfamiliar ceiling above me. The repetitive beeping sounds of a monitor was the only thing I heard inside the white room. Judging by the wires in my arms and the smell of chemicals, I figured that I was in a hospital.

I fainted?

The door opened and I gasped when Jungah walked in with a notepad in her arms. I didn't know she was back to work.

"Oh my gosh, you're awake," she breathed out and rushed next to me to check the monitor. "How did you end up like this, Ina?"

"Where's Jimin?" I immediately asked, wanting to know his condition after seeing him bleeding so much and moved up to sit.

"Take it easy for a minute. He's with Kangmin," she hushed me and hurriedly pushed me back to the bed. "And Kangmin... He..." She held my gaze and bit her lips. "...didn't make it."

I sucked in air and clenched my eyes closed. It was my fault once again. What happened the first time before rewinding the time that I didn't put enough clues? Why couldn't I shoot the men before they got a hold of Kangmin?!

"Ina, are you okay? Please explain what's happening," Jungah entreated, running a hand through her dark hair and messing it up. "There's Jungkook! At least that's what he looks like and he said he doesn't even know me! What is happening?!"

Pursing my lips, I gave her an apologetic look. "He's from another universe, came here by a universe connector machine Ilhoon made. He's not your brother. He doesn't even have a sister in his world, only a brother."

She staggered a little, holding her head. "So it's true... Ina, Jimin told me everything. You're risking your life right now, my gosh. Not only you, but them, too!"

Drawing a deep breath, I sat up instantly and threw the covers off myself to stand up. I couldn't waste time like this. Anyone could come anytime.

"How long was I out? I have to go see- Ah!" I exclaimed in pain when a jolt of ache paralyzed my left side that I nearly toppled.

"Take it easy!" Jungah shouted, pushing me back on the bed by my hips before I fell. "You've been shot for goodness sake!"

The door swung open and a wide eyed Jungkook rushed in, catching our attention. He let out a shuddering breath and came down to hug me by my waist in the blink of an eye.

"I was so afraid," he whimpered against my gown and tightened his hold on my back. "I thought you were gonna die... I was never so scared like that before."

"I... I'm sorry," I whispered, wrapping my arms around him. "I'm so sorry for dragging you into this. I-"

"Don't," he interrupted and pulled back to look at me with pained eyes. "I'm glad that you're alive."