2.9. Clandestine

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

All the love I had

Was shattered by a single lie

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Piles and piles of folders, documents and pictures were in the computer I mistakenly thought Jungkook rarely used. I didn't understand how there were so many files in there when he spent only dozen hours in total on it. Whenever I saw him, he was only playing online games and that was it.

"How..."

After hours of browsing through his files, I wasn't able to find a single file related to this whole predicament. Everything was just related to his work, nothing suspicious.

Sighing, I glanced at the wall clock to see it was almost midnight. Jungkook must had already fallen asleep. He seemed really troubled when I told him that I was actually suspecting my parents for my husband's death.

Becoming the head of the lab, visiting me all of a sudden and expressing their concerns for me after such a long time? What have they done and what are they trying to do now?

Deciding to search the computer for a while before going to bed, I clicked on the folders I already opened just to make sure I check everything. Still, nothing came up.

What exactly were you hiding from me...? Did you really visit my parents before and never told me?

My fingers twitched when a thought crossed my mind.

Hiding...?

Gasping internally, I immediately clicked on the folder options and checked the setting that makes hidden files, folders, and drives appear. Suddenly, hundreds of transparent files appeared out of nowhere and I covered my mouth in shock.

Why didn't I think of this? There were hidden files in here?

It was disheartening. The fact that my husband, someone whom I truly and blindly trusted would leave me in the dark like this was too hard to digest, too cruel to believe, too horrible to realize.

He wasn't just murdered out of some petty grudge like I surmised even if I hoped it wasn't so.

My heart plummeted when I found documents about my parents, my relatives and other higher ups who were related to them, some whom I never met. Evidences after evidences about their illegal deeds and horrible acts were saved in them.

I knew all of them but never told him in details like this...

Just then, a RAR file with a date as its name caught my attention but it required a password. Biting my lips, I typed in his name, birth date, and everything else he would use, but it wasn't opening. After cursing in my head, I just typed in my name and nickname out of exasperation only for it to open suddenly after the latter.

There were files about the officials in my former law department, both past and present. There were Hyungsoo's parents in there as well.