❀ Rocky Waters ❀

~☫~

~☫~

It was early in the morning, 3 am to be precise, and no one in Stray Kids was asleep. The group had been practicing a special stage for hours on end, with barely any breaks in between. Everything has to be perfect for their upcoming performance, and each little mistake was whittled out. By that time the group had reran the number for the umpteenth time; they were hungry and tired, and it was only a matter of time before one of them snapped.

"You're doing that move wrong."

Haerin's head shot up to attention at the sudden break of silence. The music had ended just a second ago, and almost everyone had collapsed to the floor, catching their breathes after the intense dance they had just done. The only one who was still standing was Hyunjin, who was leaning over the speaker controlling the music, heavy pants leaving his pink lips.

For a moment, Haerin thought he was talking to her, but at a closer look, she could see that he was staring at Jisung. Said blond boy sat on the floor, his arms resting on his bent knees, head downcast. Noticing that the rapper wasn't paying attention to him, Hyunjin licked his bottom lip in slight annoyance.

"Jisung, this is like- the fourth time." He tried to keep his voice in check, but there was a clear biting tone that escaped through gritted teeth. Sensing the rising tension, all eyes began flitting between the two idols, waiting to see if or when they should interject.

With a lightly sarcastic laugh, Jisung stood up from the dance floor and walked right by his criticizer to grab a water bottle, not even bothering to look his way.

"My bad, sorry." He responded dryly.

Hyunjin clicked his tongue in an irritated manner, as his narrowed eyes followed the rapper. "Clearly not."

"Hey, don't fight again." Jeongin whined while sprawled out on the floor, tiredly watching the scene unfold with a frown on his face.

Hyunjin spared the maknae a brief glance, before crossing his arms with a huff. "I'm just correcting his errors, that's all."

Seeing Jisung shoot the brunet a glare from where he was standing by the exit door, Chan decided to step in. "Okay listen, I get it, we're all tired and cranky. It's really late, and mistakes are bound to be made. Let's just try to get this choreography finished so we can all go home, yeah? I'm sure that we all just want to sleep now."

Jisung capped his water bottle before tossing it over to Minho, who caught it easily. Han wanted to fight his urge to argue with the boys, but he couldn't help the words that slipped through his lips. "Maybe we wouldn't have been out here so late, if we didn't have to wait for someone to stop screwing up his lines during the recording session."