❀ Tears ❀

~☫~

~☫~

Haerin bit her lip and choked back a sob. All eyes were downcast, not wanting to meet the gaze of their CEO... or the defeated figure of their friend. Lined up on stage, 9 members stood next to each other, while one person in the middle was brought forward. The trainees watched in pain as Jyp walked up to the boy, and placed a hand on his shoulder in what was meant to be a comforting gesture.

"Minho, you've worked hard." The older man spoke softly, just moments after delivering the soul crushing news. "It's not that you couldn't do it. Your training time was really short, so you can prepare more now."

Minho gave the man a weak smile that was nothing but a formality. He couldn't look up at his boss who was now walking away, in fear that he'd break down.

'His chance of debuting with his friends... it was walking away from him.'

Haerin watched as the boy's lips parted, and as his eyes glossed over with unshed tears. She wanted nothing more than to run up to him and wrap her arms around his shuddering body... so why wouldn't her body move?

It was that way for what seemed like hours. None of the boys could take a step. Everyone was left in shock, their bodies refusing to do anything but cry.

Slowly, they were able to make their way to the dancer. The air was thick with sadness, but that didn't stop any of them from trying to hold onto the boy.

Minho did his best to keep up his façade of being okay. He forced a smile to stay on his face for his younger friends, who cried for his loss. In reality, he wanted to curl into himself and sob. He wanted to go back in time and practice until he ached so badly that he wouldn't be able to move. He wanted grab the friends around him and beg them not to leave him behind, but to wait for him.

But more than anything... he wanted his friends to smile.

So the boy grinned and nodded at his hyungs, and comforted the crying boys. Although he knew that everyone could see through him, he didn't want to cry.

Haerin let the boys hug him one by one. She watched tearfully as they tried to console one another, but everyone was a sniveling mess. Bang Chan embraced the boy with a strained smile, and spoke softly.

"Aigoo, why did you get the lyrics wrong, really.." He tried to be lighthearted towards him, to keep his mind off of crying.

Minho's voice cracked as he tried to speak with a positive tone.

"I think I'm crazy," He laughed weakly. "as much as we practiced... When we were rehearsing, I thought I was going to be okay."

The dancer slowly let his arms fall from the leader's shoulders, and turned to the one person he hadn't spoken to yet.

When Minho reached Haerin, he knew he couldn't keep his smile up any longer. It was too painful to lie to her, even if it was something this small.

The girl slowly reached up to press her hand against his cheek, and soothingly rubbed her thumb across it. Tears steadily ran down her face, but she didn't care. Minho didn't look her in the eyes as he carefully held the hand on his face, and turned to press a small, loving kiss on her palm. Haerin let out a sad whimper.

"I'm sorry..." The boy trailed off, leaning down to rest his forehead against hers, still looking away. "I let you down."

Haerin shook her head and wrapped her arms around him tightly, pressing the side of her head against his shoulder.

"Don't apologize, you never did anything wrong." She whispered, her voice sad but firm.

Haerin pulled away slightly to look up at the older boy. As soon as they locked gazes, the tears that Minho had tried so hard to lock away finally fell. He trembled in her arms, but couldn't bring himself to break the stare.

"Please... please, I don't want this to be the last time we see each other." He whispered down at her almost desperately, frantically scanning her features with watery eyes in case the next time he'd get to see her would be through a tv screen.

Haerin wiped his tears with her sleeve, and hurriedly responded to his pleas.

"Of course not! Tell you what, every Wednesday, let's dance together in the studio. I don't care how much work I'll have to make up, you're my dance partner and we're sticking together."

Minho nodded as the girl linked their pinkies together.

"I love you Minho, don't forget that." Haerin poked at his chest in an attempt to lighten the mood a tad. The boy's lips twitched up for a moment.

"I won't forget."