Chapter Twelve: Day one

Grace didn't know what to do. She stared at the arrow before just sinking to the floor. Oliver looked at her helplessly. 

Grace looked up at Oliver. 

"How can I protect Lacey from this? Why is she so obsessed with getting her? Jordan has shown no interest in her for the past three years that we thought he was dead."

"I don't know what they want but they won't get near you or Lacey. That I can promise you Grace." 

Grace offered Oliver a small smile before Lacey came running into the room. 

"Mummy, I have a surprise for you." Lacey spoke in a sing-song voice. 

Grace smiled at her. "What have you got Lacey-lou?" 

Lacey's grin was as wide as her face. She gave Grace a piece of paper that was the obvious victim of a glitter attack. 

Grace smiled at the card and pulled Lacey into a hug. 

Oliver's phone rang and he walked outside. Oliver was on the phone with Harry, and they were talking about Willow. 

"Oliver, Willows gone. Jordan must've summoned her and she literally disappeared. I've tried tracking her but I think Jordan is blocking me."

Oliver ran his hands through his hair in frustration. 

"Fucks sake! Jordan just sent another arrow to Grace and gave her two days to hand over Lacey to Jordan or he will start killing her family." 

"Shit how did she respond?"

"She's terrified. She doesn't know how to protect Lacey from this threat."

"I'll work on some protective measures for Grace and Lacey but I would advise them to stay inside as it would be easier to protect them in their house. Also maybe you should stay there with them."

"Thanks Harry. Let me know if anything changes." 

Oliver walked back inside and saw Grace and Lacey in the kitchen. Lacey was mixing eggs in a bowl while Grace was chopping some mushrooms and capsicum. Grace's phone rang and she kept chopping while talking. 

"Grace? It's Liza from the shop."

"Hey Liza is everything alright?"

"Grace, there's a leak in the pipes so we've had to close the store. Are we okay just to call any plumber?"

"Yeah of course. I'll come down and take a look as well."

Grace asked Lacey if she wanted to go see the shop before lunch. 

Lacey ran to find her shoes. 

Oliver turned to Grace, looking apprehensive. 

"Grace, I don't think you and Lacey should leave. You're more protected here than at your store."

"Oliver were just going to the store. We will drive to the store and drive straight home. You can come with us if that makes you feel better."

Oliver nodded and began walking to the car. Lacey grabbed Grace's hand and they walked out the front door. 

Oliver drove to the store. Grace called a local plumber who was able to come as soon as possible so they just waited in the store. 

Grace was zipping around the store and fixing up books and the cushions. Lacey and Oliver were sitting at the counter and eating a brownie each. Oliver took the first bite then fell off his stool coughing. He kept coughing and Grace ran to him. 

"Oliver? Oliver? Are you alright?"

"Wolfsbane." Oliver managed to say that and then passed out.