Chapter Eleven: Willow's message

Grace handled the entire conversation really well until the end. She broke down and Oliver just held her. He told her over and over how sorry he was and they stayed like that for hours. 

Oliver heard Lacey wake up just after 7 but Grace had only had about 2 hours of sleep. Nate came to take care of her while Grace slept. She ended up sleeping until 9.40. The minute she opened her eyes Oliver smiled at how beautiful she looked. She smiled at him then got up and stretched. She saw the time and panicked. 

"Lacey-loo?"

"Mummy's awake!" Lacey went running up the stairs and jumped into her mothers arms. Oliver could see Grace's body relax when she saw Lacey. 

"Oliver, would you like to come to the beach with me and mummy today?"

"I would love to Lacey but we need to make sure it's okay with your mum."

"Mummy will say yes. You make her smile and I want to see mummy smile."

"I guess that's settled them."

Grace grinned at Oliver and he winked at her. Oliver headed home to change and have a shower. 

When he walked in the door he saw Liam standing in the kitchen drinking coffee. 

"So you patched it over?"

"Liam I don't want to talk about this with you. I want to know what you meant when you said you killed Charlotte for me."

Liam sighed. 

"Charlotte tried to kill you, Hazel and Willow. She was hexed by a witch into thinking that you all wanted me to reject her so she was going to kill everyone. I walked in on her about to slit Willow's throat. Once I saw her attempt it I knew I needed to get rid of her so I tried to leave her but she kept coming back. I knew it was between her or my family so I chose you."

Oliver didn't know what to say. He could never imagine how impossible that choice would've been to make, let alone at 20 years old. 

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"You made up your mind and it was easier to be away from you that have your face as a reminder of what I had lost."

Liam walked off and shrugged. 

Hazel walked past with Darcy who ran into Oliver's arms. 

"Hey Hazel, I'm taking Lacey and Grace to the beach. Do you want to come with Harry and Darcy?"

"No I'm helping Harry try to wake up Willow but you can take Darcy if you want too."

"Please, Uncle Olly. Please?"

"Of course. You better get your swim things ready." Darcy ran upstairs like her life depended on it. 

Oliver took a quick shower and then buckled Darcy into her seat. All four of them won't fit into Grace's little mini, so Oliver used his big SUV. Grace was standing on the porch applying sunscreen to Lacey's arms who was obviously getting impatient. 

Darcy was squealing and waving at Lacey who was doing the same. Grace smiled at Oliver and went to grab Lacey's seat out of her car. Lacey and Darcy were having a dance party in the back seat. Grace installed the seat and buckled Lacey in. Then jumped into the front seat and they were off. 

Grace was getting the girls out of their seats and they went running down to the beach. Oliver watched Grace play in the ocean with her girls and thought she seemed to be handling everything so well. Oliver knew he should check up with her to see how she was adjusting. 

The girls were in the sand building a sand castle. Oliver was running to the water with buckets and helping the girls make a moat. 

"Grace, do you want to talk about yesterday?"