7. Understanding

When I entered in the living room I saw Jimin's mother, means my mother in law.

I don't know but for some reason I felt nervous as I was taking steps closer to her.
Maybe because of the judgemental look that she was giving me?

I stopped in front of her and bowed to her.
.
.
Y/n: Annyeong Haseyo(hello), mom.
.
She responded with a nod and patted besides her for me to sit.
.
I saw Chaeyoung coming in the living room. She smiled at me and I smiled back.
.
Jimin's mother: Y/n, sit beside me.
.
I went to her and sat beside her, leaving some space between us.
.
Jimin's mother: Where is my son?
.
She said, glancing at the entrance door.
.
Y/n: He went to drop his friend, yumi to her as we went to the amusement par-
.
Jimin's mother: yeah, yeah, I know.
.
She said cutting me off.
.
.
.
Meanwhile, Chaeyoung noticed her mother's rude behavior.
.
.
She, then went silent for a minute as she was taking the tea.
.
Jimin's mother: So how's my son? Are you taking a good care of him?
.
Y/n: Jimin is doing well.
.
She put the cup of tea at the table and made herself more comfortable at the sofa.
.
Jimin's mother: These days, I can't even stay in touch with my son as you know how busy he is.
And What about the new house where you and Jimin are living? Did you like it?
.
.
Y/n: Yes, of course, I liked it.
.
I replied and she continues.
.
Jimin's mother: Of course, you liked it after all it's luxurious than the previous one where you used to live with your parents.
.
.
She exclaimed with a contemptuous laughter, with a hint of derision in her voice.
I looked at her. How can she say that?
.
.
Meanwhile Chaeyoung also looked at her mom.
.
Chaeyoung: Mom?
.
Jimin's mother: What mom? I didn't say anything wrong?... Even you know what, Y/n, your father is the one who came to Jimin and begged him to marry you as your father's company was losing its popularity.
.
.
.
I know my father did nothing as she is saying. What is she up to? I wanted to protest but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to give her any chance to say something against how my parents has raised me.
.
.
.
Jimin's mother: And my kind son couldn't say no at all. It was in so rush that I didn't get time to check on his life partner, after all he deserves someone sweet, caring and loving.
.
.
I couldn't believe that she would say something like this. What is she even trying to do? Is she humiliating me and my parents?
.
.
Chaeyoung: Mom, please!
.
She said, taking my side. I silently hoped for Jimin to come and take me away.
.
It's so hard for me. I want to tell someone that it's so hard for me to get along in a new family and strange people.
Where are you jimin? Please, come fast.

JIMIN'S POV

I parked my car in front of the house and went inside to see my mom with Y/n sitting beside her.
.
As soon as my mom saw me her face brightens up and she came to hug me but as I glanced towards Y/n, I saw her empty expression and her gloomy eyes.
.
Did something happen?
.
I looked at Chaeyoung and raised my eyebrows, asking what happened.
.
She just scoffed and went to her room.
.
Jimin's mom: Son, how have you been? I missed you so much, dear.
.
I smiled towards her.
.
Jimin: I'm fine, mom.
.
I again looked at Y/n. She stood up and walked to our room.

TIME SKIP

Y/N'S POV

After having dinner, I went straight to our bedroom to sleep. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone.

As I was covering myself with the blanket, Jimin entered in the room.

I looked at him and lay down.

I shift to the other side as I felt him laying down beside me.

Jimin: Did something happen?

His sudden question caught me off guard. I looked at him.