$ T E N $

Easy
~
January 17th, 2019
Beverly Hills, California
Jay's Boutique

Vera's P.O.V.

2:03 pm.

I knocked on my manager's office doors before walking in as I heard her say, "Come in!"

Once I opened the door, my mood went from happy to dreadful the second I walked in. "You're three minutes late." She stated distastefully as she kept her eyes glued to the papers that were placed perfectly in front of her. I rolled my eyes as I sat in one of the plush seats that were placed in front of her desk before placing my bag next to me on the floor.

"I saw that." She muttered as she placed all her papers neatly in a folder before sliding it slightly to the side of her desk, adjusting it to be straight. I pursed my lips at her actions. She placed her pen perfectly in front of her. She clasped her hands in front of her before her mean brown eyes met mine.

"Your resignation." She stated before taking the folder off of her desk and placed in the filing cabinet behind her. She brought out a new folder that had my full name, Vera J. Bernacelli, all big and bold on the front and placed it in front of us. She dramatically opened my folder. I refrained myself to roll my eyes again. If it wasn't for the amazing salary, I would've quit a long time ago because of her.

My eyes followed her actions which weren't as much. She went through the papers in my folder. I bit my lip as my eyes wandered around her office. "You stated in your e-mail that you are quitting because you're moving to another area." She muttered as her eyes scanned my e-mail that she printed.

I nodded. "Yeah. I'm moving back to New York." I answered a bit too confidently. Her eyes glanced at me immediately. She squinted her eyes at me for a second before she averted them back to the papers in front of her. "Good for you." She replied with a hint of sarcasm laced in her voice.

I try to avoid snapping back at her because I will be working here for two weeks before I can leave, unfortunately. I close my eyes and take a quiet breath in before letting it go. I wish to have the patience to tolerate her today.

I began working here as soon as I graduated from college. My dream is to become a fashion designer since my heart always belonged in the beauty world.

When I was a little girl, my mother once brought Lilly and I brought multiple t-shirts and art supplies to decorate our 'best friend' shirts for us to wear to school to show everyone that we were unbreakable. I went ahead and designed way more shirts than Lilly did. I designed more than three t-shirts when Lilly was still working on her first one before giving up. She left it up to me when she realized I could design pretty well. She watched my every step and helped me with minor things to gather our t-shirts together. Lilly and I still have the shirts despite it being small size and sort of messy designs due to our clumsiness as kids. It's our friendship bracelet.

From then on, that's where my love for fashion has blossomed in fourth grade.

"Shall we start?" I heard my manager, Olivia Johanne, asked in a snappy tone. I shake my head slightly from my thoughts before nodding. I was dreading this meeting from the moment she called me. I wish to hope to have the slightest bit of patience with her.

~
January 17th, 2019
Los Angeles, California
Apartment

Vera's P.O.V.