Volterra, Italy

Evelyn's POV

I wake up to someone shaking my shoulder gently. "Wake up my darling" Marcus says gently and I open my eyes. "We've arrived in Volterra" he states. I look around and notice we're in a car. And that it was night time outside.

"How long have I been asleep?" I ask him as I rub sleep from my eyes.

"About nine hours" he says shrugging and I frown.

"Why didn't you wake me sooner?" I ask him confused.

"You needed your sleep, it will help with jet lag" he tells me.

"But I could of helped with my luggage" I tell him.

"I had it all under control" he assures me as he plays with a piece of my hair. "Caius called, your room has been prepared" he adds.

"You didn't have to do that" I tell him. "I would of been fine with somewhere to sleep and use to bathroom. You didn't have to to go through so much trouble" I state.

"No trouble" he tells me smiling. "You are my beloved and I will treat you like a queen" he adds. I blush and he smiles touching one of my rosy cheeks. "I will miss your blushing when you're turned" he states. Just then we pulled into an underground garage. "Thank you Demetri see to it her things are placed in our room. I'd like to introduce her to my brothers and their wives" he instructs.

"Our room?" I ask confused. "I thought you said a room had been prepared for me" I state.

"It has, my room has been prepared for your every need. As I do not sleep, I hardly use it. So you will have it to yourself most of the time" Marcus explains.

"Thank you, now what was that about your brothers and their wives?" I ask him. We're out the car now facing each other.

"I wish you to meet them and they wish to see you" he states.

"But I'm not prepared, my hair must look a mess" I whine.

"You look perfect" he assures me and kisses my temple.

"Can I at least have a brush so that I can brush it on the way there?" I ask him.

"If it'll make you more at ease, then yes" he says nodding his head. A beautiful vampire woman gives me my brush. I immediately start to brush my hair as we walk towards an elevator.

"So tell me about who I'm meeting" I tell him when we entered the elevator.

"You've meet Aro, but you'll be meeting his mate/wife Sulpicia. She has dark brown wavy hair and has basic vampire powers. My other brother Caius is very ambitious and can appear cruel sometimes. But he loves his wife Athendora and our coven dearly" Marcus explains.

"What was your last mate like?" I ask him curious.

"She was very beautiful, she had dark brown hair like Aro and the bluest eyes I'd ever seen. She was very kind hearted, we were going to leave the Volturi before she was murdered. Once she died I stayed here with my brothers. They are my family and have helped me a lot" he states.

"I want you to know Marcus, I don't want to replace her. No one ever can, but I hope you will be able to love me. And accept me for who I am and try not to turn me into another her" I tell him.

"I would never do that" he assures me holding my hand tightly. "Yes, a part of me will always love Didyme. She was my first love, but our relationship will be very different to the one I had with her. And I will protect you, where I failed to protect her" he states.

"You didn't fail her, I'm sure she does not blame you" I tell him giving his hand a squeeze.

"Thank you Evelyn, I'm glad I can speak to you about her. But know that I will not always do so" he assures me.

"I know, she was important to you" I tell him smiling as the elevator doors open. We exit and go to the throne room. Where his brothers and the wives were waiting.

"Ah how lovely to see you again my dear" Aro says smiling

"Ah how lovely to see you again my dear" Aro says smiling.  "Allow me to introduce you to my wife Sulpicia" he states. Gesturing to the beautiful brunette beside him.

"It's lovely to meet my future sister in law" Sulpicia states.

"It is a pleasure to meet you" I say curtsying the blonde girl giggles.

"I am Athendora, and this is my husband Caius" she tells me smiling. Caius just nods his head curtly before pulling her (Athendora) into his lap. Athendora just smiled at him as they began whispering to each other.

"Marcus, why don't you sure your new mate to your room?" Aro suggests. Caius smirks looking at us.

"Be sure to be gentle with her brother" he drawls.

"Caius behave" Athendora scolds him gently while I blush. Marcus lead me from the room the back to the elevator.

"Athendora and Sulpicia spend most of their time in the tower together. For their own protection, you yourself will be moved there with our child. After you're turned" Marcus tells me and I frown.

"I don't want to be locked away in a tower Marcus, I'm not some princess waiting for her knight to rescue her from a dragon. I attend to spend the rest of my days living in our room, with our child in a room across from us" I tell him.

"We shall discuss this later, now you must sleep" he tells me as we reach our destination. "Does it please you?" he asks me as I look around the room.

"It's lovely" I tell him smiling. He waits in the bedroom while I went to prepare for bed. Brushing my teeth and putting on an over-sized shirt. And cotton shorts before reentering the room. I crawl under the covers and hug a pillow. "Marcus, can you please stay until I fall asleep?" I ask him. He nods his head and sits down beside me. He starts to stroke my hair humming gently as I close my eyes. I soon fall asleep.

A/N

Picture above of Evelyn's bedroom and bathroom. Picture on the external link of Volterra, Italy at night. Pictures in chapter of Athendora, Caius, Sulpicia and Aro.