Renesmee's Faint

Evelyn's POV

I woke up alone with a set of clothes put out for me. So I took a shower and then put them on. Before going to make myself breakfast praying the others were ok.

(Forest clearing) Third Persons POV

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner" Carlisle tells him.

"Fair words Carlisle. But a little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us" Aro states.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken other then a human knowing our secret" Carlisle assures him.

"We see the child and know the human is near. Do not treat us as fools" Caius tells him firmly.

"She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks" Carlisle explains.

"Artifice" Caius says not convinced.

"I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your new born mate, I assume you are involved" Aro states. Edward approached him and held out his hand. Aro read his thoughts not just on Renesmee but the human as well. Turns out she is Isabella's aunt and had known about vampires for awhile. He pushes that away for now deciding to focus on Renesmee. "I'd like to meet her" he tells Edward.

Bella, Jacob and Emmet approach with Renesmee. "Ah young Bella, immortality becomes you" Aro tells her. Then looks at Renesmee. "Hahahahaha. I hear her strange heart" he laughs.

"Hello Aro" Renesmee says stepping forward and places her hand on his check. Showing him her birth and her growing. Before returning to Bella as Aro said 'magnifico'.

"Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human" Aro tells his witnesses.

"Impossible" Caius states.

"Do you think they fooled me brother?" Aro asks him.

"Bring the informer forward" Caius tells the guard. Irina is brought before Aro and Caius. As Edward, Emmett, Bella, Jacob and Renesmee rejoined their group. "Is that the child you saw?" he asks pointing to Renesmee.

"I'm not sure" Irina tells him.

"Jane" Caius says.

"She's changed, this child is bigger!" Irina exclaims.

"Then your allegations of an immortal child were false" Caius states.

"The Cullens are innocent of creating an immortal child, I take full responsibility for my mistake" Irina tells him. "I'm sorry" she tells her family and the Cullens. Before Felix killed her and her sisters were stopped from attacking the Volturi.

"Aro, you see there's no law broken here in turning a child" Carlisle tells him.

"Agreed. But does it then follow that there is no danger? There is still the human witness" Aro states before addressing everyone. "For the first time in our history, humans pose a threat to our kind. Their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us. Maintaining our secret has never been more imperative. In such perilous times, only the known is safe. Only the known is tolerable, and we know nothing of what this child will become. Can we live with such uncertainty? Spare ourselves a fight today, only to die tomorrow?" he asks them.

Just then Alice and Jasper appeared. "I have evidence the child and her great aunt won't be a risk to our kind" Alice states. "Let me show you" she says holding a hand out to Aro who takes it. When Aro goes to make the wrong decision Alice shows him a vision of his death. "Now you know. That's your future, unless you decide on another course"  she tells him.

"We cannot alter our course, the child still poses a grave threat and there's still the human to deal with" Caius reminds Aro.

"But if you were sure she could remain concealed from the human world? Could we leave in peace?" Edward asks him.

"Of course, but that cannot be known" Caius states.

"Actually it can" Edward tells him as two other people appear.

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own, among the Tekona tribes of Brazil" Alice states.

"We have enough witnesses" Caius sneers.

"Let him speak brother" Aro tells him.

"I am half human, half vampire, like the child. A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me. My aunt Huilen raised me as her own. I made her immortal" Nahuel explains.

"How old are you?" Bella asks him.

"One hundred and fifty years" he tells her.

"At what age did you reach maturity?" Aro asks him.

"I became full grown seven years after my birth" he answers. Aro then asked about his diet. "Blood, human food. I can survive on either" Nahuel explains.

"These children are much like us" Marcus says in awe.

"Regardless, the Cullens have been consorting with werewolves, our natural enemies. And allowed another human to find out about our kind" Caius states.

"Dear ones, there is no danger here. We will not fight today" Aro tells him. "Caius take the others home, Marcus and I shall deal with the human" Aro instructs. Caius disappears with the rest of the Volturi and their witnesses. While Marcus looks at Aro bewildered, why were they going to handle this personally instead of a guard? "Lead the way Carlisle" Aro tells the head Cullen. Esme and Carlisle lead him to their house along with Marcus.

A/N

Picture above of Evelyn's outfit and picture on the external link of the Cullens vs Volturi.