A Crime? A Witness?

Evelyn's out (minus black gloves): https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/3/9/2239898/9931839_orig.jpg

Evelyn's POV

Since Bella has woken up things have been going well. I don't get to see Renesmee as much as Bella was learning how to control her thirst. She and the others planned on leaving soon and Jacob decided to do something about it. He showed Charlie what he was and then had Charlie brought to the house to meet Bella. I didn't go as I was working at the time. Bella did amazing and appears to have amazing self control. So now I can see Renesmee and her at the same time. Of course she and the others would leave in a couple of years. When the rest of the town realize they don't age.

Anyway today Bella, Jacob and I are taking Renesmee out to a forest clearing. So that she can catch snowflakes. It's cold and snowing outside, so I put on warm clothes. Meanwhile Jacob went in wolf form. Renesmee and I rode on his back to the clearing while he raced Bella. It ended in a tie while Renesmee laughed happily. I got off Jacob and helped her down.

"Thanks for coming Aunt Evy" Bella says smiling.

"Yeah Auntie Evy" Renesmee says smiling.

"Nothing could stop me from spending time with my favorite nieces" I tell them smiling.

"We're your only nieces" Bella says while Renesmee giggles. Right now Renesmee looks about 6 or 7 years old. Even though she's only a few months old. We're still trying to find out more about Renesmee. Just then snowflakes starts to appear. Renesmee ran and jumped into the air holding a hand out before running back over.

"Look, a snowflake" Renesmee says smiling.

"It's beautiful" Bella tells her.

"Why don't you go catch another one?" I suggest. She runs off to do just that. "How's the search going?" I ask Bella.

"Edward thinks that we'll find answers in Brazil. There are tribes there that might know something" she answers. We watch Renesmee as she leaps into the air to catch snowflakes, suddenly they see a figure off in the distance watching them. Renesmee runs over to me and grabs my arm tightly.

"Who is that?" I ask Bella.

"I think that's our cousin from Denali. Irina!" she shouts before running towards Irina. When she comes back she's alone and we return to the Cullen's house. Where I tell Carlisle what happened and he made a call to the Denali coven before calling a family meeting.

"Tanya convinced Irina to come reconcile with us" he states.

"Looks like she changed her mind" Edward states.

"Seeing Jacob must of been to much for her" Esme says.

"She's family, she'll come around" Carlisle assures us. But I'm not convinced, something tells me things are about to change around here. Edward starts to teach Renesmee how to play the piano while we all watch smiling.

(Volturi castle, Italy) Third Person

Aro and his brothers we reading when Irina was brought before them. "What a pleasant surprise" he says. While Caius asks why she's here.

"I have to report a crime. The Cullens... They've done something terrible" she states. Aro takes her hand and sees 'an immortal child'. As well as a human witnessing it's in-human abilities. He says 'oh my'.

(Cullen's house) Evelyn's POV

Alice enters the room carrying a vase of flowers while we all continued to watch Edward and Renesmee play on the piano. When she drops it and Jasper dashes over to her. "What is it Alice?" he asks her.

"The Volturi. They're coming for us. Aro, Caius, Marcus, the Guard. And Irina" she states. Renesmee stands beside Bella. Edward asks what Irina saw in the woods.

"We were just walking" Bella states.

"No, Renesmee was playing" I say shaking my head.

"Ness was also catching snowflakes" Jacob adds and I nod my head.

"Of course. Irina thinks Renesmee's an immortal Child" Edward states.

"The lmmortal Children were very beautiful. So enchanting. To be near them was to love them. But their development was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Humans heard about the devastation. Stories spread. The Volturi were forced to intervene. Since the Children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed. Their creators grew very attached and fought to protect them. Long-established covens were torn apart. Countless humans slaughtered. Traditions, friends, even families. Lost" Carlisle explains.

"The Denalis mother created an immortal child" Bella says.

"Yes, and she paid the price" Carlisle states.

"Well, Renesmee's nothing like those children" I state.

"She was born, not bitten and grows everyday" Bella adds.

"So can't you just explain that to the Volturi?" Jacob asks them.

"Aro has enough proof in Irina's thoughts" Edward states.

"It doesn't help that Evelyn was there and is human" Alice adds.

"Oh no" I say sitting down. It was soon agreed to get all of Carlisle's friends from around the world to bare witness to what Renesmee really is. "That's all good, but that won't fix me knowing about you guys. They let it slide once because Bella was Edward's mate and was being turned into a vampire. So what do we do about me?" I ask them.

"You're my best friend and I won't let them harm you" Esme states.

"I won't have you all risk your lives for me, if it comes down to it I will give myself to them. I'd do anything to protect my family" I tell them.

"No, I'm losing you Aunt Evelyn" Bella states. "What would I tell Charlie?" she asks.

"We have until the snow sticks to come up with a plan" Alice assures us. "Besides I don't see anything bad happening to Evelyn" she states. So we decide to focus on getting witnesses for Renesmee. I go with Edward, Bella, Jacob and Renesmee to go to recruit the Denali coven.

A/N

Gif above of Jacob, Renesmee and Bella in the snow (imagine Evelyn standing beside Bella).  Picture on the external link of Irina reporting to the Volturi.