Chapter. 6

Apollo POV.

It's been 38 hours since Zeus told me to figure out what core values I wanted my troops to have.

Strength, obviously, physically, mentally, and spiritually.

They had to be loyal, this is definitely the most important one, loyal to the gods first (Zeus won't have it any other way), to me, to themselves, to each other, to their family, their friends, their relationships.

I don't want them to be trapped with me, they should be able to come and go as they please but return when I called for the them.

"I know what I want", I wrote in a note and attached it to an arrow. Walking to my balcony, I shot the arrow into the air thinking of my father. A few moments later I could hear thunder and a lightning, signaling a meeting.

I flashed into the throne room, watching everyone else trickle in. Artemis was last, she glared at me, she didn't want me to get this group, which was understandable but you would think she would have gotten over it by now.

"This council meeting will now come to order," Zeus announced, Artemis stopped glaring at me to pay attention, "We are here to discuss Apollo's group of followers and a select few other things."

"It's come to my attention recently that their have been monster attacks on demigods and their families, most have taken refuge in Camp Jupiter." The council muttered as paranoia creeped in. "I would like to propose to Apollo that his group of followers kill some of these monsters, and then continue to protect other demigods on their journeys to camp. Apollo, thoughts?"

"Well, yeah sounds great, especially since some of the people I have in mind have a lot of experience in battle."

"If I may, " Artemis spoke up "What about Apollo's children? And the Ancient Laws? My group of followers work because I have no children, so do his children just get to join and then he takes care of his children? That doesn't sound fair." She glanced around at the council, hoping someone take her side.

Even though each of the Gods with children had been with their oldest for at least 6 months, their were still plenty of children they haven't seen since they were babies.

"Given that Apollo doesn't have many children in his Cabin at the moment, I move we make an exception, after all it's only going to be his sons." Poseidon spoke up.

"But then when he does have more children then what? It's not gonna take him long to catch up." Ares sneered.

"How is it any different then Hades seeing his son? If we are going to say Apollo shouldn't have followers because he sees his children then we also have to look at Hades and Dionysus." Athena stated glancing around, "I'd like to make a motion that we come back to this topic, it's been millennium these Laws are due for an update.

Silence followed.

Could Athena mean what she said? She helped write these Laws, helped enforce them and she never questioned Zeus before. These Laws had been the same since the first demigods.

"Very well, anyone can come up with various proposals for updating the laws. If there are no further questions or comments regarding Apollo's followers..." Zeus paused "Son, you may visit both camps you have 24 hours in each camp for recruiting and then track down these monsters. Our children are relying on you now."

A clap of thunder followed, the meeting was adjourned.

Artemis glared at Apollo before flashing out. Apollo rolled his eyes and looked for Aphrodite.

"I'll call you!" She blew a kiss towards Apollo before leaving in a burst of yellow rose petals.

<<<<<<<<

Short chapter but I needs an update

So...should Apollo visit Camp Jupiter or Camp Half-blood first?

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Or just be silent.