Court

*Kathleen's POV*

"Are you going to stay with me even if I get convicted and go to jail?" Daijon asked.
"Yeah," I nodded, "You're my boyfriend. You're the father of my child. Of course I'm going to be here for you. Thick and thin."

Today was his court hearing. We were on the way there. Brayson was watching Kat again. I took Amani because she still wasn't feeling good. It's only been two days. We pulled up to the court house and got out. We went in and he talked with his lawyer for a little while before the trial began. Then it began...

"The jury finds you guilty of possession of illegal drugs. Seeing this is your first offense and there was no violence involved. You have a year of probation. You will meet with your probation officer to hear the guidelines of your probations. You are also on house arrest for 30 days," the judge spoke. An officer went to Daijon and tied an ankle monitor to his right ankle. Everyone left and I met with Daijon. Then a man in a suit came up. "I'm Morgan, Peter Morgan. I'm going to be your parole officer if you guys want to come with me we can go over your guidelines," the man spoke. We followed him downstairs to an office and we all sat down. He started going over the guidelines of parole and house arrest. He wasn't allowed to drink or do drugs. He will have random drug tests. House arrest he isn't allowed to leave the apartment complex at all for 30 days.

"You're lucky they let you off easy Daijon," I sighed, looking at him.
"I know baby," he sighed, "I'm really sorry."
"You should be," I nodded. He pulled me to him by my waist. "Stop being mad at me baby," he sighed, "Please."
"You could've gone away for along time Daijon!" I sighed, "You could've left us."
"I'm sorry," he sighed, "I was only trying to help us... Get us the house you want. The better life you deserve."
"Well start thinking of you daughter too please," I looked at him, "Please. She needs a father. One whos around. not in jail."
"I know," he nodded, "I was being stupid."
"I know," I nodded. I wrapped my arms around him and put my face into his chest. He held me tight to him. "Dada," we both pulled away and looked at the bed where Amani was just sleeping. I saw a big smile on Daijon's face. "Come here princess," he reached over and picked her up. He held her on his hip and felt her forehead. "You give her medicine??" he asked me.
"Not today no," I shook my head, "Why??"
"She's not warm anymore," he smiled at me. I felt her forehead and he was right. It was warm.. a good warm.. a normal warm. Not a burning up warm, a sick warm. It was just normal. Thank god..

"So mom called me," Brayson spoke up.
"What did she say?" I asked, looking at him.
"She said that she has an apartment and she wants Kat and I back to live with her," he told me, "She sounded drunk though..."
"What did you say?" I sighed.
"I said I'd have to talk to you and she got mad because she said you're not our parents and that she is and she can get us back whenever she wants," he explained.
"Oh," I nodded, "Do you want to go back?"
"No," he said offal fast.
"Why?" I asked, confused.
"I like it here. It's quiet. It's not yelling and fighting. It's nice. I like my school as well. I have a lot of friends here and I like it," he shrugged. I nodded and smiled at him. "you don't have to leave. You can stay as long as you want alright?" I told him.
"Thank you," he smiled.
"Stay as long as you need to Brayson," Daijon stepped in, "Alright? It's your home too." I smiled at Daijon then Brayson. I nodded and put my head on Daijons shoulder. There was a big smile on Brayson's face and I couldn't be happier.