12

Like said, I felt nothing the entire time, I continued to hold Luke's hands as I felt more and more tired.

The three of them talked between each other and to the nurses- nothing that alarmed me, so I simply didn't listen, I zoned into the empty space in my mind.

Luke.

I rubbed my thumb over her knuckles as I held her hands, feeling her firm grip never loosening.

She grey and blue eyes blinked slowly, her looking towards one area, I'm sure the medicine was making her more and more tired to where she was completely zoning out.

"Our girl okay?" Calum asked after a few seconds, his hand resting on her side.

I looked to her- seeing that she didn't even catch the question.

"I think she's getting a little sleepy" I smiled, catching her attention and watching her eyes shift to meet my own.

"You okay?" I questioned.

"Mhm" She hummed out, adjusting her grip on my hand.

"Okay princess, we're about to take it out, you still won't feel anything so just stay still"

Within seconds after, everything was out and Michael was carefully putting a temporary bandage.

"When we get to her room, we'll get her to lay on her tummy and we'll put cooling rags over the area to reduce her swelling" michael continued, moving his hand to pat her side gently, which I'm almost positive she couldn't feel.

"You did amazing pretty girl, we're going to scrub out and we'll see you in a few minutes"

Vanessa.

I hummed in response, feeling Luke give my hand a small squeeze, promising that he would see me in a few minutes.

Without even processing exactly what was happening, I was soon back in the first room I was ever in, my mom and Ashton laughing lightly.

"Why are you laughing?"

Ashton.

"They've certainly got her drugged up" I laughed, looking at her half awake and not focused face.

Kathy and I laughed to each other as we watched her blink silently.

"Why are you laughing?" She questioned. Pure seriousness.

"Nothing sweetheart" kathy spoke, stroking her hair gently.

"How do you feel?" She asked her, making Vanessa blink slowly again, her tiredness showing through her body.

"I'm okay" she nodded.

And the next thing she said blew both Kathy and I away

"I want Luke to come here"

We looked to each other before kathy looked back to her

"What do you need Luke for?"

"He needs to hold my hands"