Chapter 25: It's Not What You Think

J A C O B C L A R K S O N

As I walk back into the living room with another beer, a bunch of guys greet and pat me on the back. The party is in full swing with booming music and flashing lights.

"Hey Clarkson, you up for a game of cup pong?" A guy wearing a snapback hat with a tuft of dirty blonde hair poking out in the front calls out as he waves his arm in the air with a grin. I sport a friendly smile towards him as I walk towards him. 

"Hey, Colton, haven't seen you in a while," I lean towards him and give him a firm handshake with a pat on the back, and he does the same. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I heard that you were throwing another one of your famous parties and I decided to crash it since I didn't seem to be invited," he mocks, acting as if he's hurt.

"Oh please, you know you're always invited." I punch him lightly on the shoulder and we both chuckle. "So, what's the loser's forfeit?" I ask, one side of my lips tugging up into a smirk. He drops his head and sighs as he shakes his head with a smirk on his face.

"Can't we just play one friendly game of cup pong?" I give him an incredulous look and he adds on, "One day, your forfeit ideas are gonna come back and bite you in the ass."

"I'll believe it when I see it."

"Fine, whoever loses has to chug the rest of what's left in that keg." He points to the side at a giant barrel-shaped container at the opposite end of the room.

"Deal." I stick my hand out and we shake on it.

***********

"Miss! Miss! Miss!" I chant. The ball bounces into the last cup on my side and the crowd cheers loudly as I grunt at my defeat. "Dammit!"

Colton hollers loudly and walks over to my side. "What can I say? My cup pong skills have improved since the last time," Colton admits with a smug grin. He and a few guys walk away and return shortly with the giant keg.

"Today's your lucky day, Clarkson. The keg seems like it's almost empty." He pats the side of the metal barrel.

"Chug! Chug! Chug!" Colton starts to chant and soon, everyone else around us joins in.

Dropping to my knees, I place my mouth underneath the tap and start chugging. I pump my fist in the air while everyone else does the same and cheers me on.

I down the last of it and bounce off of the ground, "Wooo!" Everyone claps and Colton pats me on the back.

"Hey man, I'm gonna go and look for my friend Andrew so I can introduce the two of you. I'll be right back." I walk away and stumble occasionally as I shove through the crowd. Then, a dainty hand grabs on my arm.

"Hey Jacob, is Andrew here?" A perky female voice chirps. I look down at Aria and blink a few times as I try to focus on Aria and drink in her appearance. She's wearing a black bodycon dress that stops at her mid-thigh.

"Um...he texted me saying that he was here, but I haven't seen him yet." For a fleeting moment, a frown takes over her features before the expression changes into a seductive smirk.

"Oh, that's alright. I actually need to tell you something...in private." Aria pulls my arm and we go upstairs into one of the empty guest rooms, and I stumble a few times from all of the alcohol I've consumed tonight.