Chapter 15: Sparks Are Flying High

S O P H I E   W I L K I N S

A few moments of silence pass and Andrew's eyes slowly fill with worry as he grows more anxious by the second for my answer.

"I can't forgive you."

He brushes a hand through his hair as a frown seeps onto his face and the concerning look in his eyes morphs into pain.

"Why?"

"Because you told Aria about my father. I thought we both knew that whatever we told each other that night would stay between the two of us." I say, pain slowly mixing into my words.

"But I didn't tell her, Sophie. The girl's a nut job. She planted an audio recorder in my room so she could listen in on all of my conversations."

My eyes widen and astonishment takes over my features.

"Well then, I completely forgive you," I say, a small smile playing at my lips. "And I'm sorry that I accused you of something that you didn't do." Guilt slowly fills my insides and I move my eyes to the floor, playing with my fingers.

I cast my gaze back to his dreamy eyes and pause for a second before continuing.

"So, you wanted to move on as friends?" I ask nervously.

"Do you?" He replies softly and takes another tiny step forward as I step back, feeling the cool metal shelf against my back. He stares into my eyes with his mesmerizing brown ones, searching for an answer.

"Well...no." I look down at the floor, preparing to hear the worst. My heart rate speeds up as he grows silent for a second before speaking. Andrew tucks his finger under my face and gently lifts my chin up.

"Me neither." A smirk springs onto his face as his lips crash into mine, full of passion. He gently grabs the sides of my face and closes the minuscule space left between us. His warmth immediately sends shivers down my spine. How ironic.

I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back. His hands move down my body and wrap around my waist, pulling me impossibly closer. My body melts at his touch and my stomach does somersaults.

We pull away and he rests his forehead against mine, our breaths shallow. A smile slowly creeps onto his face and he gazes into my eyes. My chest tightens from his stare and I take a deep breath to calm down.

"Do I take your breath away?" He smirks. My cheeks heat up at his question.

"Because you sure take mine," he expresses, eyes filled with emotion. My cheeks turn a darker shade of red and I'm left speechless. My insides slowly begin to melt and I begin to feel weak at the knees from hearing those words.

"If you stay quiet the entire time, I'll have no choice but to break the silence and ask you out on a date, Shortcake," he winks, snapping me out of my thoughts. Relief and bliss surge throughout my body as I hear him call out the nickname that I've grown fond of and I chuckle at his smooth pickup line.

"Where are you going to take me?"

His eyes light up as I indirectly agree to his proposal. Oh my gosh, my first date is going to be with Andrew. Bree's gonna flip.