Chapter 16:

It is exactly 1:15 and I'm currently sitting in awkward silence in the car with Austin. We've been driving for about 10 minutes and neither of us attempted to stir up a conversation. But this silence is killing me, so I keep looking at my phone hoping one of the girls will save me from this awkwardness. Just as I lifted my phone up again for the like 9th time; Austin says, "Where's Justin."

"Oh, he's at a friends house, he's staying there tonight." I replied and he nods. We sit in silence for a few more minutes, him focusing on the road and me continuously checking my phone until we reached our destination.

We were in a park not far from my house, I use to come here all the time as a kid. We sit on the bench in the park in silence for a few minutes until I can't take the awkwardness anymore. I finally look at him and say, "Where'd you go yesterday after you left dinner and why didn't you wait for me. Why'd you just leave me like that, Austin?"

He puts a hand through his hair and then says,"Emma, I'm really sorry, okay. I know I shouldn't have left you like that with her. And I hate the fact that I did, I hate the fact that something could have happened to you and it would have been my fault but in that moment yesterday, I couldn't stay there. I needed to leave, I needed to get forget Emma. I just couldn't stay and wait. I'm really sorry Emma. I really really am," he finished and bowed his head.

"Just tell me where you went Austin. Where did you go to," I say silently praying that he didn't do anything stupid after remember that Rider told me in his message that Austin sounded a bit drunk when he phoned Rider last night.

"I know what your thinking, Emma. I didn't go to a club or a bar. I went straight home and I know that must be hard to believe but I did. And I did have one or two glasses of wine but that's all I had."

"I believe you, Austin" I say and I put my hand over his hand that's resting on his knee but after a second I realize what I did and I try to slowly take it away without him noticing but he does and before I could move it too far away he grabs my hand and interlaces our fingers.

We sit there in silence for a little while until he breaks the silence, "I'm sorry that you had to hear about my brother from my mother. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you especially since you opened up to me and told me everything about your parents."

"Hey," I say and squeeze his hand, forcing him to look up at me, "You don't know owe me anything. You weren't ready to tell me and I was perfectly fine waiting till you were. I'm just sorry that your mother was the one to tell me and not you."

"Yeah, I know. I can't blame her for being so cruel to me, it is my fault that her favorite and first son is dead," he says not looking at me.

I use my free hand to make him look at me and say, "Austin, it was not your fault at all. It's the drivers fault, if anyones. Don't blame yourself for something you couldn't have controlled. And it's not okay how your mother treats you Austin. I'm really sorry that you think it is." I rap my arms around him and he hugs me back.

After a few seconds he lets go. And we just sit and have pointless conversations, like our both our minds were somewhere else and I bet that they were.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in so long. I just haven't had time. I am going to try much harder and I know I keep saying that and don't make any progress but trust me I'm trying.

On another note I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I know it isn't that good but please keep voting and commenting, it means a lot to me.

With Love: Samha🦄.